skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Tim you must have seen it many times up at the Dewpond. I know I did. :hilton:

D

Deleted User X18H

Tim you must have seen it many times up at the Dewpond. I know I did. :hilton:

I don't think you can luv. I saw many a Hardwick Roads girlys growler around there though. But they ain't for marrying.

I was in Toads Hole with my mum and sister in around 1976, when a Red Arrow Gnat, went screaming through. We all hit the deck even in the summer the ground was marshy.

You could see the pilots helmet I swear.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I don't think you can luv. I saw many a Hardwick Roads girlys growler around there though. But they ain't for marrying.

I was in Toads Hole with my mum and sister in around 1976, when a Red Arrow Gnat, went screaming through. We all hit the deck even in the summer the ground was marshy.

Ah! Hardwick Road growlers mmm. :blush:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003

:laugh: Tim I can safely say I don't think you ever saw a growler of any description until you were way past 18! And if you did you must have been perving it from afar hiding in a bush (of the leafy variety).

On the IOW matter, Its visible very often from the top of Snakey Hill (King George VI Avenue). This time of year is excellent for seeing it as we don't have the Summer haze obscuring it.

D

Deleted User X18H

:laugh: Tim I can safely say I don't think you ever saw a growler of any description until you were way past 18! And if you did you must have been perving it from afar hiding in a bush (of the leafy variety).

On the IOW matter, Its visible very often from the top of Snakey Hill (King George VI Avenue). This time of year is excellent for seeing it as we don't have the Summer haze obscuring it.

Gav when we were sixteen and you were playing at sailors I was sorting out young Marchant, young Caroline and many many others. Son in every ci...........Hangleton Street me.:lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Gav when we were sixteen and you were playing at sailors I was sorting out young Marchant, young Caroline and many many others. Son in every ci...........Hangleton Street me.:lolol:

A tall tale if ever I heard one! :lolol: So lets get this straight, whilst I was out and about in my Navy flares and nuts deep in hookers around the world, you were engaged in underage sex with minors :laugh: I'd keep quiet if I was you!

D

Deleted User X18H

A tall tale if ever I heard one! :lolol: So lets get this straight, whilst I was out and about in my Navy flares and nuts deep in hookers around the world, you were engaged in underage sex with minors :laugh: I'd keep quiet if I was you!

We were all sixteen gablar. That's 3 2 1 go. You know the two young (as they were then) you were agog at my prowess. You were still wanking over Mrs Blanden.

Last edited:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I went to Carisbrooke Castle at the weekend and from the top of the keep there is a chart showing things you can see, such as Spinnaker Tower, Southampton, Portsmouth and Chichester. Didn't mention Brighton, although that comment has no bearing on this actual arguement. I just wanted to tell you I went to the isle of wight.

09jsutherland

Dec 27, 2011
That's Littlehampton isn't it? I thought it was the IOW aswell at one point, but the pier is not high enough to see it.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Googled this question and this thread came up to answer my query. Thought it can't be Selsey so has to be IOW as nothing else there. Very clear today from Falmer Road high up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You can see it from top of Amex House but only very occasionally, I have no idea of the climatic reasons for this, but it causes much debate and consternation EVERY time it magically appears from the mist....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here