Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Isle of Wight in October

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only issue I always have with the Isle of Wight is finding half decent accommodation. Best you get on a hotel chain is Premier Inn which is okay, and then its B&B type places or self catering. Outside school time I guess there will be decent availability though so we may go during September, outside of European Tour stuff!
We took our grandson with us a couple of months ago, took the car on the ferry and stayed on a static caravan park near Cowes, which was brilliant. Parkdean Resorts I think, near Thorness bay. All the mod cons. 3 nights was only about £160, plus if you tie in your accommodation booking with your car ferry crossing, its only about £40 return. Then you get all the on-park entertainment (AND they have Sky Sports - I watched us demolish Arsenal in the sports bar there, bloody marvellous).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Garlic Farm is w
Do you like garlic? Then I'd recommend the garlic farm. It gets a lot of stick but I like the IoW, mainly for cycling though.

We went there last summer - lovely day out - the restaurant is very good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not yet read the whole thread but as others have said - Robin Hill is great for kids and the Garlic Farm is worth a visit. If you're looking for somewhere to stay then here is great - https://thekenbury.co.uk/ - book direct not via Booking.com - for transparency it's owned and run by friends - do a cracking breakfast though !

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Black Gang chine - better than Robin Hill in my view, lots to do in a quaint old fashioned way
Godshill - miniature village - cute
And I forgot about these two cracking places

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here