ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
At what point have I ever said they were representative?

And no, sentence 2 does not imply sentence 1 is false.

Again you've missed the point. You haven't said they were representative in fact, you've said they're not representative.

So if they're not representative, why are you arguing that we should call them muslims?

You appear to be on both sides of the debate.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Again you've missed the point..... if they're not representative, why are you arguing that we should call them muslims?

Err....I'm really out of ideas on how to make this simpler for our friend here.

How about: "Extremist muslims are muslims but with extreme views"

I don't think I can make it simpler without drawing a diagram. I'm off to bed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I disagree. I believe that this kind of brutal uprising would have happened regardless of Islam given the circumstances - just like it has all over the world throughout history. It is a result of decades and more of oppression, violence and war.

Oh darn I did not realize it had nothing to do religion or Islam, silly me its oppression, violence and war by eeerrrr lets think..........

Some of us have moved on from stoning, crucifixion, beheading and throwing allegedly gay people from tower blocks.....

Religion is for the weak.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I disagree. I believe that this kind of brutal uprising would have happened regardless of Islam given the circumstances - just like it has all over the world throughout history. It is a result of decades and more of oppression, violence and war.

brutal uprisings have happened throughout recorded history but straight away you choose to ignore the very thing that is staring you in the face.How can what is happening now ,the proclamation of a worldwide caliphate(which claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslims worldwide) happen without the influence of Islam.

ignoring the problem doesnt make it go away

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Err....I'm really out of ideas on how to make this simpler for out friend here.

I've had a think, and extreme Muslims, who are not really Muslims, could be known in future as Murderlims, how about that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Err....I'm really out of ideas on how to make this simpler for our friend here.

how about they think they are good muslims with misguided extreme views
because it matters not what we think its what they think that matters even if it is wrong

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Err....I'm really out of ideas on how to make this simpler for out friend here.

I don't think can make it simpler without drawing a diagram. I'm off to bed.

Seems to me you've either been trolling or you're a bit tired maybe.

You agree that they're not representative of muslims, then argue that we should call them muslims.

Don't you think this is a little contradictory?

Calling them muslims can only help their cause, they set themselves up to look like they're all about Islam, our society confirming their views can only help them. Identity matters, especially to those that have that identity. i.e. vulnerable disenfranchised teenagers.
Identity also matters to those that are phobic and have agendas against that identity, your attitude would be one that fuels crimes (or even unhelpful attitudes) against muslims, therefore disenfranchising more and expanding the net with which ISIS can trawl.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They will never win because they are killing or have killed all the people who are educated and qualified enough to govern their Islamic State. Economics and production is not their strong point and they have no end game.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
because it matters not what we think...

Actually i think it does matter as a society about how we think.

1 in 4 people suffer mental illness at some point in their life, if a youngster suffers islamophobia during a vulnerable time, they're more likely to be picked up and brainwashed by these scumbags.
Hence the terror attacks over here, quite clever in some ways i guess. :(

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

1 in 4 people suffer mental illness at some point in their life, if a youngster suffers islamophobia during a vulnerable time, they're more likely to be picked up and brainwashed by these scumbags.

Maybe they could seek help eh.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

You agree that they're not representative of muslims, then argue that we should call them muslims.

Calling them muslims can only help their cause, they set themselves up to look like they're all about Islam

no they call themselves muslim because they are...... feckin muslim fact !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

out of context
it never matters what we think because its not us doing the killing, they are not likely to care a jot what we think are they obviously
they only care what they think and they think they are good muslims misguidedly

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

maybe in your own head

its been pointed out to you time and time again

They are indeed murdering bloodthirsty twatty muslims,they are however not representative of the majority of muslims who are not bloodthirsty murdering twats

and you say buzzer is trolling. :ffsparr:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If I were a believer I would completely agree with you :)

We are responsible for our own spiritual growth. Great thinkers were murdered for thinking outside the box due to ignorance and closed minds. A world without science would be truly depressing.

I think we have to differentiate between believer and adherent. There are many religions (again a catch all term that doesn't truly reflect the range of systems societies subscribe to) that do not necessarily focus on a rigid value system with punishments for those that veer from that. We are currently still viewing the world from an abrahamic belief system, that a significant proportion of the world doesn't adhere to.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
out of context
it never matters what we think because its not us doing the killing, they are not likely to care a jot what we think are they obviously
they only care what they think and they think they are good muslims misguidedly

Thats almost certainly true.
My point was that we could contribute (as a society) to swelling their numbers, thereby causing more killings.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Democratic republic of Korea :whistle:

ISIS has a political ideology, one that a vast majority of Muslims wholeheartedly disagree with. I know you really, really want to believe they are doing this in the name of Islam - but if that were true, their fight would be easy. The reality is that they slaughter and terrorise both sunni and shias who oppose their attempted regime. They are not fighting for Islam, they are fighting for power, their goals are completely political.

You may remember this http://time.com/3555891/iraq-us-isis-massacre-sunni-tribe-albu-nimr/ slaughter of Sunni tribe... (ISIS are Sunni)

Beginning to show your true colours more and more (black flag for you?).

Still making excuses, still blaming the west, still critisizing the democracy that allows you to spout your hidden bile. Go join your sick brothers you hypocrite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports