Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISIS have apparently burned the Jordanian pilot alive

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This this this and this......its too easy, unlintelligent and ignorant to simply blame all muslims. These cretins have proved much of us right by their latest killing of a muslim.

Nobody is blaming ALL Muslims but the common factor amoungst ISIS is their religion and that they carry out their barbaric acts in the name of that religion. We can bomb them as much as we like, the only real solution is for the Muslim community to deal with this rogue element of THEIR religion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nobody is blaming ALL Muslims but the common factor amoungst ISIS is their religion and that they carry out their barbaric acts in the name of that religion. We can bomb them as much as we like, the only real solution is for the Muslim community to deal with this rogue element of THEIR religion.

They don't appear to be doing so though, this has been going on for 15 years now, before 9/11 infact

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Now that is naive.

Eh? I think Bushy's point is valid. Christian atrocities (barring the odd individual nutjob) are completely in the past. The nearest you get to an 'inhuman' Christian act now is the Catholic church objecting to birth control, or some of the more reactionary 'Born Again' ones objecting to things like gay marriage. The most violence you're going to see from a member of the C of E is if they throw a plate of cucumber sandwiches at you for supporting women bishops.

I think you're confusing 'violence done by people who claim to be Christians' with 'violence done in the name of 'Christianity'. Even in Ireland the battle was between Nationalist v Unionist. The IRA never killed anybody just because they didn't believe in Transubstantiation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Erm, I thought we were talking about atrocities carried out in the name of Christianity ?

Indeed.

We could go further afield to the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, and other Christian extremists committing atrocities in the name of Christianity through out Africa, or The Army of God, the Covenant and countless other far right Christian militia groups in America responsible for numerous attacks on abortion clinics and professionals as well as high profile attacks like the '96 Olympic bombing.

Africa is a prime example that whatever the group, they'll commit atrocities in the name of whatever religion floats their collective boat. Being able to read a passage from an ancient text and justify your actions based on some kind of faith isn't limited to Islam alone. Take any place of religious, political, social economic meltdown, and you will have violence in the name of religion. Same happened in Bosnia, only it was christian side that committed the genocide in that case.

The world needs to get a grip of religion as a whole. Not just one, not just pick a single religion out and say that is bad, all religion should be marginalised to just the extent of people's hobbies and past times.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why haven't we flattened these c**ts yet?

Seriously, these animals don't play by the rules/human-rights so why the hell are we?

Japan/Jordan/UK/USA have plenty of devastating weapons, just get it over and done with already.

Edited so I don't offend anyone with this word. :shootself

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why haven't we flattened these c unts yet?

Seriously, these animals don't play by the rules/human-rights so why the hell are we?

Japan/Jordan/UK/USA have plenty of devastating weapons, just get it over and done with already.

They exist within civilian populations taking schools and hospitals as strategic bases. They're not just camped out in a base in the middle of nowhere. They are oppressing local populations. Can you image the fear these ordinary people live with?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why haven't we flattened these c unts yet?

I said pretty much the same thing last week, albeit it with ground troops and was accused of watching too many American war films. Apparently we should be fighting them by drawing more cartoons and ridiculing their beliefs instead

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Are you seriously suggesting that we read something Churchill wrote in 1899 in order to get a balanced view of Islam? We all know Churchill was a great leader who led us to victory over Nazi Germany however outside of 1940 - 1945 he was hardly known for his progressive thought....he was opposed to Women getting the vote and against self determination of any of the peoples of the empire, he also advocated the use of poisonous gas against "uncivilised tribes' in 1919.

As for the pictures of Burka wearing women, the use of the Burka is probably more cultural that it is religious, In the country that I am in now the UAE it seems to be worn more as a status symbol for the wealthy. Although you could quite easily post pictures of Burka wearing women from the UAE and give the impression that its a country of western hating Islamic fundamentalists this is most definitely not the case.

what does that even mean?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They exist within civilian populations taking schools and hospitals as strategic bases. They're not just camped out in a base in the middle of nowhere. They are oppressing local populations. Can you image the fear these ordinary people live with?

Like we've done before in previous Wars, inform the areas/towns that it's imperative that they leave the area, give them 3 days notice and then carpet the place.
There will be innocent casualties but that's what happens in war, unfortunately.

I said pretty much the same thing last week, albeit it with ground troops and was accused of watching too many American war films. Apparently we should be fighting them by drawing more cartoons and ridiculing their beliefs instead

In this particular situation, you can only fight fire with fire.
They don't care for Human Rights, no care for the War Crimes committed and they're having a jolly about it as so far, the majority are getting away with it.

For once, we (UN/NATO etc) need to throw out the rule book and get rid of this cancer. I would assume that the majority of world leaders would be in agreement.

What's the alternative? Grind them down slowly ala Telic/Herrick, get pushed out of the countries and leave it in a worse state than we found it?
The longer we allow them to breathe, the larger they'll grow and more horrendous they'll act.

Put me in front of the big red button, I'll happily take the fall for wiping out 30,000 brutal terrorists.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So you want to send hundreds if not thousands of our young troops to their deaths to fight a religious ideology that cannot be flattened with violence? Destroy ISIS, what then, everyone in the region will just join hands in peaceful reconciliation and thank the West for helping them out as they bury thousands of their civilian dead?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
What you really should have put is

"we should be thankful that barbaric atrocities in the name of Christianity are now virtually confined to the history books and a thing of the past"

no doubt someone will bring up that whatsitsname baptist church now as some sort of insane desperate comparison. *starts clock*

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I had no part of that discussion, but surely the reason for this is that we wouldn't be able to win any sort of war with ISIS for the same reason as why the British and Soviet Empires in their pomp were utterly hopeless in Afghanistan and the Americans similarly had their arses kicked in Vietnam.

How about we just stay out of these foreign wars but properly deal with any twats who decide to go out there to fight?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So you want to send hundreds if not thousands of our young troops to their deaths to fight a religious ideology that cannot be flattened with violence? Destroy ISIS, what then, everyone in the region will just join hands in peaceful reconciliation and thank the West for helping them out as they bury thousands of their civilian dead?

did that not happen in 1945, more or less, at least in the allied sectors of Germany?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had no part of that discussion, but surely the reason for this is that we wouldn't be able to win any sort of war with ISIS for the same reason as why the British and Soviet Empires in their pomp were utterly hopeless in Afghanistan and the Americans similarly had their arses kicked in Vietnam.

How about we just stay out of these foreign wars but properly deal with any twats who decide to go out there to fight?

Fair points Simster

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
did that not happen in 1945, more or less, at least in the allied sectors of Germany?

It's slightly different. Those allies were of broadly similar culture to those being rescued, and probably understood and accepted why civilian casualties were a price worth paying, and then had a good idea of what would follow. I think there would be a whiff of imperialism if a load of West Europeans and Americans come riding in to liberate Iraq and Syria.

Which is why we should leave it to other Arabs to sort out. It's high time they acted like a united front to sort their own problems out if you ask me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Like we've done before in previous Wars, inform the areas/towns that it's imperative that they leave the area, give them 3 days notice and then carpet the place.
There will be innocent casualties but that's what happens in war, unfortunately.

In this particular situation, you can only fight fire with fire.
They don't care for Human Rights, no care for the War Crimes committed and they're having a jolly about it as so far, the majority are getting away with it.

For once, we (UN/NATO etc) need to throw out the rule book and get rid of this cancer. I would assume that the majority of world leaders would be in agreement.

What's the alternative? Grind them down slowly ala Telic/Herrick, get pushed out of the countries and leave it in a worse state than we found it?
The longer we allow them to breathe, the larger they'll grow and more horrendous they'll act.

Put me in front of the big red button, I'll happily take the fall for wiping out 30,000 brutal terrorists.

You mean use Israeli tactics ? The tactics that have worked so well for them in Gaza. Yep, that will be a guarenteed way to turn more people into terrorists. Given some of the fighters have come from the Brighton area I assume you'll be quite happy to be given three days notice to get out so the RAF can destroy your home while killing the Brighton based fighters ? If someone bombed my home I sure as hell would turn against them.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You mean use Israeli tactics ? The tactics that have worked so well for them in Gaza. Yep, that will be a guarenteed way to turn more people into terrorists. Given some of the fighters have come from the Brighton area I assume you'll be quite happy to be given three days notice to get out so the RAF can destroy your home while killing the Brighton based fighters ? If someone bombed my home I sure as hell would turn against them.

No, Hiroshima and Nagasaki examples.

There is no fair outcome to this method for innocent civilians, but something drastic needs to be down very soon.
Innocent civilians have and will always be caught in the crossfire if they can't get out in time.

What's the alternative? A 10 year drawn out war with mass casualties on both sides as well as innocent civvies?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We should be thankful that no barbaric atrocities have ever unfolded in the name of Christianity.

Of course they have. What's that got to do with our present predicament? We can't go back and spank the Crusaders bums can we?
It's not much help to our current and future wellbeing, just to say "well bring it on we probably deserved it because of our ancestry" !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
no doubt someone will bring up that whatsitsname baptist church now as some sort of insane desperate comparison. *starts clock*

Too late. Someone already did on post#73. The relativism of such comments never fails to amaze me.

...These ISIS atrocities are horrific.

They're not Muslim

...But they clearly are. The clues are all there.

Okay, they ARE Muslim but what about Westboro Baptist Church?

...Yes. A group of at most 12 people that no-one takes seriously and who picket funerals is directly comparable to large swathes of the Middle East under Islamic zealotry.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What you really should have put is

"we should be thankful that barbaric atrocities in the name of Christianity are now virtually confined to the history books and a thing of the past"

It doesn't hurt to keep bringing it up though especially after another brutal murder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here