Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is YOUR livelihood threatened by Coronavirus (almost certainly a depressing thread)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Been told today we are going down to a 4 day week in the short term. I work for a small printing company producing goods for the high street markets, so should be OK for a while - but worrying if things do continue to get worse, which is entirely possible.

Stumpy Tim

Been told today we are going down to a 4 day week in the short term. I work for a small printing company producing goods for the high street markets, so should be OK for a while - but worrying if things do continue to get worse, which is entirely possible.

I hope more firms do that. Let everyone take a small hit rather than fire a few

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, 330 billion in support for business, that’ll do for me , but, how much are the rest of you going to get.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I was made redundant (closure of company I worked for) just around Xmas last year so wasn't too happy about the timing.
I had a second interview for a position this Friday just gone and they told me they'd let me know in "the early part of next week " I.e. yesterday, today and tomorrow a.m but nothing heard yet.
I had an interview a few weeks back and was offered a position starting tomorrow, and midday today they called me to inform me they're restructuring and the job offer is withdrawn.
Savings are suffering and I'm wondering whether the first company are also considering whether they should be taking on another employee at this time also.
Tesco are recruiting locally and I'm considering applying for a trolley boy position (I'm 54 you know) as I've previous experience of this role within Tesco when much younger at the back of Churchill Square in the late seventies/ early eighties on the weekends.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My firm gone from recruitment ban to talk of reducing headcount in stages going forwards. I’m no longer allowed to go and visit customers and my rep will be based in the branch as of tomorrow. Early signs today across many of my customers that the motor trade is starting to slow down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst the detail needs analysis, the statement just now sounds like it could be a great help for many concerned about the impact of this on their business. The government now needs to look at measures to help renters and the self-employed

Fixed for you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Supermarkets and indeed the whole food supply chain will require temporary staff in the near future. The Tesco I work in is already advertising, so for those that need to earn a bit of cash this will be an option.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Supermarkets and indeed the whole food supply chain will require temporary staff in the near future. The Tesco I work in is already advertising, so for those that need to earn a bit of cash this will be an option.

I’ve got an interview this week - got to do something for my 8 weeks unpaid

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Two jobs offered to me now over these past two weeks and both offers now withdrawn before the start date.
The search continues.
Best of luck to all those in the same predicament.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Two jobs offered to me now over these past two weeks and both offers now withdrawn before the start date.
The search continues.
Best of luck to all those in the same predicament.

exactly the same situation here, made redundant in October, now have two potential job offers but theyve both now put them on hold :down:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Two projects put on hold so far, thankfully a lot of my work involves health and safety critical compliance so as long as Clients Sites keep operating I should keep going.

Got shed loads of work due in June & July so hope I can limp on until then and we are past the worst...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
My contract runs out next Friday and I have no new job to move on to.

I'll be fine, as am back living at home with the 'rents, but I've spent the last 4 months building my way back into publishing and it has basically stopped any chance of finding a new role in the short-term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here