Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Wayne Bridge our gem signing?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No , the "Gem" signing is still to be revealed.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
One of them :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Need to add still:

A proven goal scorer

A creator (assuming Vicente's player-power-sulk will win the battle for him)

Midfield powerhouse

As these are more glam positions than LB, I would guess that the 'gem' is still to arrive.

EddieReader

Aug 15, 2010
Hope he does better than Lilly Savage, where the only game we won was when he went off at H.Time 2-0 down to Liecester. Won 3-2, we dont want Primo Donas here, but "Hay Wayne Bridge, Welcome" your be judged by your play. Cant believe the negative thread I sew on here earlier, some people just amaze you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The way Gus was gushing over him I initially thought so, but am now getting a sense that he is not. Not from anything in particular, not basing it on any inside info or any interviews, just a feeling.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We are rumoured to be making a 'spectacular' signing next week. I see Bozza has just tweeted 'spectacular'. Tease.

Sk8er

I hope not. No disrespect to Wayne but if our Gem of a signing is a striker or an attacking midfielder I think we could be in for some amazing football this season with hopes of the EPL to come.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wayne Bridge is nothing special as a footballer. He fills a void in our team - that's all.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he was a flyer and it paid off-i expect we will all be going FK me!!! within weeks

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
f*** me. I can't believe some people on here. We sign Wayne Bridge - Wayne f***ing Bridge and people don't think this is a gem of a signing? The guy has 36 caps for England and would have 100 if he hadn't been born in the same generation as Ashley Cole. Until a year ago, we were 'little' Brighton whose last game was at the Withdean. We had never spent over 500k on a player. It's amazing how far expectations have jumped in such a short period of time!

Having said that, I do think there is a 'spectacular' signing still to come - but lets knock the signing of Bridge - the biggest name we have in our squad that people in this country have heard of.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
when did so many Brighton fans become such dickheads?

we've signed a left back who has played significant number of games for England and top clubs in the country, will only have turned 32 at the start of the season and simply needs some games under his belt after a lean period.

and people are unsure whether he'll add much to our side?

f*** me, talk about losing a sense of perspective.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No, partly because he's on a loan. I don't think he's one of the 3 either BUT I think he may be INSTEAD of a different LB so kind of replaced one of the 3...... if that makes sense. Gus did say it all happened with Bridge in a couple of days and did mention might well be more than the 3 if the right players of sufficent quality came available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here