Is this why Barnes/Dicker/Hammond keep getting abuse?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
No one is perfect. I think Orlandi is a lovely player, but in spite of his two goals in the last two games he's been the one losing the ball more than anyone else and doesn't seem in full flow at the minute since injury. We have the faith that he has it in him though and grade him thanks to that more than his performances. Barnes was excellent on Saturday, but no one can give him more than an 8 out of 10 because of a standard dislike and lack of belief in him by some of the grumpier grumblers out there. We're best off making our own minds up and not being influenced by those who just so happen to say more than others, generally acerbically, at a higher decibel. Don't be afraid to like Barnes or treat a statement of just expressing that admiration as a defense of him against those who snarl and gripe without remorse, i suppose.
Those people who spend a match whingeing seem to me have difficulty release their rage in everyday life and treat a matchday situation as an excuse to let it go and really let rip at some players who are honestly trying their best. Generally, they're cocks.
I agree - I happen to like Barnes. CAnnot understand the vitriol for a guy who, to me, seems to work his socks off every week, was top goalscorer last season, and chipped in with a good few the season before. He isnt the most flamboyant, but he does a terrific job out there, - its odd how nobody notices that we seem to be far worse when Barnes is not in the team.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports