Is this the worst name ever for a Chinese restaurant?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
One of my local Chinese in Eindhoven has undergone a recent name change.

I'm not eating there again on principle.

:eek:

p6150184ss7.jpg

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Move to Maastricht, top city in the Netherlands, end of.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I like the one in Peacehaven "Wing Fat", Pretty descriptive of their chicken chow mein I recall.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There is/was a place in Mitcham/Sutton area called "Lots of Rice" which is pretty poor, and of course closer to home, the shockingly named "Brighton Wok", does that place still exist?

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There was a Chinese chippy on the outskirts of Southend called "Foo King", I kid you not!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do they serve burnt orange in honour of the chairman?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Move to Maastricht, top city in the Netherlands, end of.

I have occasionally thought of doing this. Only problem with Maastricht though, lovely as it is, is that it's also teeming with my ex-colleagues, many of whom I really have no desire to bump into every time I go into town (I worked in Sittard for 8 years, but NOBODY lives there unless they were born there).

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
There was a Chinese chippy on the outskirts of Southend called "Foo King", I kid you not!

There's one just around the corner from here called Fuk Wei.

Best name I ever saw though was one in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, called "Soon Fat".

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One of my local Chinese in Eindhoven has undergone a recent name change.

I'm not eating there again on principle.

:eek:

p6150184ss7.jpg

I think it's good how they've menaged to get the words " Dim " & " Crystal Palace " on the same sign, They go together very well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have occasionally thought of doing this. Only problem with Maastricht though, lovely as it is, is that it's also teeming with my ex-colleagues, many of whom I really have no desire to bump into every time I go into town (I worked in Sittard for 8 years, but NOBODY lives there unless they were born there).

I used to live in Hoensbroek, between Brunssum and Heerlen, great people, enjoyed it a lot round there, was 20 odd years ago though and it was pretty built up back then, bet it's a fair bit more busy nowadays.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
I used to live in Hoensbroek, between Brunssum and Heerlen, great people, enjoyed it a lot round there, was 20 odd years ago though and it was pretty built up back then, bet it's a fair bit more busy nowadays.

I'm not sure Heerlen's changed an awful lot.

You must have left just as I arrived. REALLY DULL trivia alert: it was 19 years ago this very day, 16 June 1989, that I first moved to Eindhoven.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

There was a very good Indian restaurant in Sittard, it seemed to be run by one man...who took your order then disappeared off into the kitchen to prepare the food, it took ages to get your meal but it was well worth the wait.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'm not sure Heerlen's changed an awful lot.

You must have left just as I arrived. REALLY DULL trivia alert: it was 19 years ago this very day, 16 June 1989, that I first moved to Eindhoven.

I heard a lovely story about Heerlen, which is reputed to be the town with the biggest drugs problem in the whole country. Apparently they were expecting a Royal visit, on the day in question the local authorities rounded up all the junkies, put them on a bus and sent them to the zoo for the day...a bit of a bizarre way to clean the streets up!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports