Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this summer the best since....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This is definitely the warmest spell of weather since 2006, at this stage the long range forecasts aren't showing a breakdown at all. Yes there will be slightly cooler days (low 20's) but with the Azores high anchored to our south West it will keep the south especially very warm. Don't be surprised in a few weeks the first warnings of hose pipe bans being mentioned!

2003 was notable for the record high temps on the 10th August (over a 100 degrees), there is a small chance that we could get into the 90's next week IF we start pulling in the winds from the south. Long way out though!

For me this is too hot, can't sleep properly at night and can't wear shorts to work so very uncomfortable!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Absolutely not. In the conditions I have described you can do anything you want in comfort. At the moment the weather is having far too much of an effect on my life. I can't even go to sleep without feeling like my duvet is an oven. I don't believe anyone genuinely enjoys blistering heat. I think it's just an opportunity for people who don't have the imagination to have a social life for the other 11 months of the year to get out, and they are brainwashed into thinking that lying on the beach or sitting in the garden all day is actually fun.

It might be a good idea to lose some weight. Only fat people moan about the heat. :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And therein lies the problem. If everybody in England owned a villa with a private pool and had the time to laze around every day like the work-shy Mediterranean countries then hot weather would be welcome. But they don't. Most people spend every day sitting in an office or in a shop, looking after the kids, doing the food shopping, cooking dinner, driving, and other similarly mundane and uncomfortable tasks, so 25 degrees should be about as welcome as a turd in your lunchbox.

You are still joking -Right?

Villa/ Pool/ Work shy? Absolutely -WRONG

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
spent the summer of '76 on the sandy beach at Newhaven,lived within walking distance

the best beach in Sussex back then

everyone building barriers against the on coming tide,seeing who's would last out the longest

then the mini tidal wave when the ferries came in were great too

any hot summer after that didn't have the same appeal,being a bricklayer

now I couldn't give a toss about the hot weather,way too hot down here,i find myself agreeing with TCB

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I remember 76 being good, just finished my 'O' levels and basked in the sun. I'm sure I read in the papers only 2 or 3 weeks ago though, that good Summers were a thing of the past and we would have 10 years of rotten Summers. Good old weather men eh?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I lived on Shoreham Beach as a kid, so the summer of '76 was amazing. Every day on the beach - going for a swim in the sea every morning before it got too hot. I pitched a tent in the back garden and slept out there for weeks. One downside was the invasion of millions on ladybirds from the continent (caused by drought conditions over France) which was both amazing and horrible (they bit!).

I remember the summer continuing well into the school term, with sunny days, and swimming in the sea before school.. amazing days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nipped out at lunchtime today, and the car reckoned the outside temperature was 32.5c. Much as I do love a bit of sun, that is just TOO hot for me. Hot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hot weather is for morons. Seriously, what is the appeal of it being 25 degrees, so that you can just sit outside and do bugger all? It's pointless. The ultimate weather conditions are about 12 degrees, mild, a little cloud cover and no rain.

Whilst there IS some merit in your point, pretty girls do not wear little summer frocks or tiny denim shorts, when the weather is 12 degrees and cloudy. For that reason, I'm OUT.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Whilst there IS some merit in your point, pretty girls do not wear little summer frocks or tiny denim shorts, when the weather is 12 degrees and cloudy. For that reason, I'm OUT.

Literally the only plus for having to put up with this ridiculously uncomfortable heat.

well, Norway was having awesome weather until i left the uk on the 28th June. Since i got here, its been shite, and the weather in the uk is glorious. feeling depressed now, really looking forward to those winter months of constant darkness.

Please come back and bring the normal weather with you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here