Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this a stupid idea???

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Got in our seats at Ipswich yesterday to find out we were surrounded by more non singing fans than singing fans.Every time we got up to sing you could feel the stares.

My idea is this,when you go to buy your ticket you are given 3 options 1-do you sing a lot, 2-do you sing some of the time, 3-do you not sing at all.

When the tickets are allocated the main singers will be in the middle,the fans that sing some of the time could be on either side of the main singers,and non singers on the outsides.

I'm sure most people will think this is a bloody stupid idea,but at least everybody could enjoy the match the way they wanted to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure most people will think this is a bloody stupid idea,but at least everybody could enjoy the match the way they wanted to.
I like it :) But it's not really achievable.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Heres another idea

when you go to buy your ticket you are given 3 options 1-do you stand a lot, 2-do you stand when very excited, 3-do you not stand at all.

When the tickets are allocated the main standers will be in the middle,the fans that stand some of the time could be on either side of the main standers,and non standers on the outsides.

If you stand, but dont sing you're f***ed.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
You're gonna need some more categories.

Sing if we're winning

Sing if I've had a few beers

Sing if my mate starts singing

Sing if my mate isn't singing

Sing if the opposing fans wind me up

Sing if I want to wind up the opposing fans

Sing if I'm happy

Sing if I'm sad

Sing if I'm glad to be gay

Sing a song of sixpence

No.. it's too complicated.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The answer is to have non-allocated seating (unless it's a match that's 'sold out'). Rocket Science it ain't.

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
I had the same problem, I was surrounded by an incredibly quiet group of older people. As soon as I stood up while singing "stand up if you hate Palace" they didn't seem very amused.
It is a good idea but it seems too complicated for the ticket office for it to ever happen.

Aug 4, 2011
Hmm. Good Idea , but most away games are unreserved seating. Perhaps! We should start singing earlier haha! Then people who dont want to sing. Can see we're the singers are sitting and make there decision from that !?

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
thats a bit of a silly idea really....

if u wanna sing then sing, if u dont then dont....

lets face it, theres too many people on here concerned more about other peoples actions than their own...

this works both ways, for the people that wanna sing, and the people that dont...

both parties grow a pair....!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You're gonna need some more categories.

Sing if we're winning

Sing if I've had a few beers

Sing if my mate starts singing

Sing if my mate isn't singing

Sing if the opposing fans wind me up

Sing if I want to wind up the opposing fans

Sing if I'm happy

Sing if I'm sad

Sing if I'm glad to be gay

Sing a song of sixpence

No.. it's too complicated.

The club could do this survey when people buy an away ticket and keep the results on the database against you name. They could then develop an algorithm which allocates tickets automatically to give everyone maximum possible enjoyment

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
The Op has a point, but just can't see how this can be managed in practice! :moo:

know it would never happen (when i started the thread my tongue was firmly in my cheek), but when your trying to get an atmosphere going and its me and the wife singing amongst 40-50 people who are sitting firmly on their backsides it can be quite frustrating

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The Op has a point, but just can't see how this can be managed in practice! :moo:

Sad result of the demise of terraces.

D

Deleted User X18H

Draw Chelsea or Man U in FA Cup third round 1000 seats on general sale usual queue time plus question about singing. Add an hour or two on to that then!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My main complaint about most away games is the fact if I use my seat for it's primry purpose I cannot see any of them game. I'd like a section for people who wanna sing but can't be arsed to stand for the duration of the game but have to due to everyone in front of them is standing and blocking their view

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
How about, if you want to stand, try and go to the back, where you are not stopping those who are too small, old, impaired or just want to sit from watching the match.

The looks you were probably getting were probably for the standing not the singing. I really don't think many football fans will object to singing/chanting

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Not a good day at Ipswich.............. a fat chubber on one side taiming all the space of an already cramped area. One non standing woman behind constantly saying 'they're not going to sit down, they're not goig to sit down', Stewards that seem to zone in with intense concentration to ensure that everybody sat down while all the home supporters are allowed to stand and do what they like and the realisation that our team are not very good...............I have known better days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here