Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there something quite sweet about beating them whilst playing not so well?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Most definitely

Almost as sweet was seeing the Palace fans at the end of the game as good as telling them to f*** off as they wandered over
I completely expected the West Ham fans to do it as their performance was particularly lacklustre. Last night though I thought Palace betrayed their current form and league position with a performance that shock us a bit, and could consider themselves unfortunate not to have got something.

Their players gave their all I thought, quite surprised with the reaction they got at the end. That's loyal ultra support for you though I guess...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I completely expected the West Ham fans to do it as their performance was particularly lacklustre. Last night though I thought Palace betrayed their current form and league position with a performance that shock us a bit, and could consider themselves unfortunate not to have got something.

Their players gave their all I thought, quite surprised with the reaction they got at the end. That's loyal ultra support for you though I guess...
I did wonder at the time what more they expected..well apart from a goal that is

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Swinging? It's well and truly swung.

We are SO far ahead of them now it's ridiculous.

A mere 15 points clear (with a 28 better GD) plus two games in hand of course.
4 points off them this season (only not 6 due to VAR error)
Superbly well run club with an owner who's actually a real fan and supports the club - not owned by a combination of a spiv and want-away Americans.
A Manager who is the envy of pretty much every other club in the PL
A team playing the best football I've seen in 50 years of watching.
A team that cares - with a remarkable 'togetherness'
Squad made up of internationals including a World Cup winner and some of the best South American youngsters.
A scouting and recruitment policy that's top class.
A club that is not 13 years old.
A state of the art stadium, with no cladding, not one with the health hazard of an away stand with the worst view in the FL.
World class training ground.
A stadium with four new stands, not the pipedream of 'possibly, maybe' one new one happening some time in the 22nd Century (once they find that 'ring-fenced' money)
No goal music/drum/always Ultras with embarrassing crayon displays.
FA Cup quarter final to look forward to at the weekend.

Going back to the OP - yes, we didn't play anywhere near our best, and yet with the exception of the first 10 minutes plus injury time, they did nothing - yet we still won with ease.

They are hurting at the moment, and I love it.

Yeah, but apart from that- - -

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here