Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there really no thread on Littlejohn's latest bullying outrage?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
When i was at school, you had children that were good at studies and some that were good at sport, some were good at both. On sports day you had the choice to take part or watch.
I went to my sons sports days, and all the children had to compete, in TEAMS. There were no winners, and plenty of children that really did not want to compete in front of parents and their classmates. Some felt they had let their mates down, some cried, some seemed to be ignored when they completely fell apart in their event.
But of course, it was another crackpot idea brought in.
Surely, as iv'e said imo, these are just kids (4-11) is it not best just to teach them, rather than try to social engineer them.

My boy had his cross country last week and we were considering letting him not do it as he has Asperger's and was finding the whole thing very stressfull. We suffered through the meltdown and tantrums and told him he had to do it! I came home from work expecting the scene you described at your son's sports day.

In fact he came 7th and his self esteem and confidence has soared and he is interested in taking up running in the summer when football (soccer) has finished. So in this case making him take part proved to be the best course of action for him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Littlejohn is a keen football fan and since the late 1960s has been a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club.

Richard Littlejohn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Littlejohn's Britain doesn't exist. Literally. He spends much of the year writing from a gated mansion in Florida, and admitted in a recent column that, when he is in Britain, he rarely leaves the house.

On fantasy island

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
when he is in Britain, he rarely leaves the house.

Wise move given the queue of people which want to punch the gobshite in the face.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
So far eight pages of mainly fascinating debate....

I'll be honest and admit I had never heard the term 'transphobia' and if I had read the Littlejohn article when it came out I might have agreed with much of what he said. However in truth I wouldn't have given it much futher thought because it's not an issue I've had contact with or maybe likely to. Having followed this thread I do now have a little insight into the issues and I would now take issue with some one who was showing signs of being transphobic.

As much as I dislike the Daily Mail, is this actually credit to Littlejohn and the 'free press'? They put an issue 'out there' which starts a debate that enables ignorant people like me to develop a balanced viewpoint.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Firstly I cannoy abide Littlejohn or the Mail but they are not responsiblefor this person's death and calls for him to be sacked are, at best, ignorant. A sad story but let's keep spme perspective on it shall we people?

The fact is changing ones sex is unusual and there will always be people who won't accept it. A friend of mine did a blog for the Guardian on their gender re-assignment surgery. Anyone who is willing to go through that shit gets my respect, could teach a class of kids a thing or two I'd imagine. Not my kids obviously, I wouldn't let them anywhere near the freak.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It would be nice if papers just disclosed pure facts and we all had to go and discuss over a few beers eh?

Anyone who buys a regular paper of their opion pieces has already opened themselves up somewhat to be 'led' to thinking a certain way. Especially the ****ing mail.

Speak for yourself. I am not lead by opinion pieces and it wouldbe sad day when papers didn't print their opinions. It can be a very good way for intelligent people to see things from another's viewpoint. If people are so easily lead they need protecting from each other's opinion they buy the Mail, simple.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Littlejohn did not put Miss Meadow in the public domain, she was already there, firstly following the letters distributed to parents by the school, informing them of the upcoming change in the teachers circumstances and secondly in the local press. It seems to me that the majority of people who may have caused Miss Meadows any distress in person would have been local and therefore more than likely aware of her situation prior to the Daily Mail article.

I don't disagree with your point about there being no evidence of a link, in fact I don't think many people have said there is, even the article linked in the OP makes it clear there is no link (yet).

But, there are tens of schools within a three mile radius of my house. I have barely any knowledge of what is happening at most of them, I have nieces attending one of them, and I would struggle to pick their teachers out of a line up. I only read stories about the Albion in the local press.

I don't think I'm too abnormal in this respect.

There will absolutely be local people who had no idea until they either read about it in the mail, or were told by someone who did read it in the mail. Probably quite a few.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Can you be a little more specific about the things being taught that you don't agree with?

What are the leftie views being taught that you disagree with?

I am not sure things are that different between British and Australian schools/teachers. especially if the problem is that we are a bunch of lefties spreading our leftie propaganda to the impressionable youth of our respective countries.

I tend to foster leftie values such as getting along, helping each other, treating people with respect and good sportsmanship in my classroom. are these things you disagree with?

Hi BF.
Here is another example for you. In fact OZ is mentioned as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hi BF.
Here is another example for you. In fact OZ is mentioned as well.

what a load of shit!

I am just looking at the R.E syllabus for a couple of London boroughs (Croydon and Ealing were the first in a google search) and what do you know? it looks like a very even spread of religions, even leans towards more Christian stuff than other religions.

My suggestions would be to look at what is actually being taught in schools rather than rely on what somebody (with their own agenda) is telling you is being taught in schools.

Syllabus' and curriculum are freely available online

Back to your Sharia law nonsense we talked about last time eh

Personally I hate the way RE is taught in schools in Australia (at least the ones I have worked at anyway). The local christian church are invited in and given half an hour to sell their faith to the children and teach them about Jesus. It s called Christian Education and it spectacularly fails to acknowledge that their are any other religions in the world let along teach our children that their are many and actually the nuts and bolts of each are very similar, or that most of them pray to the same god.

I still love the fact that we down here are held up as some kind of immigration utopia when we have many knobheads down here who live with the same terror of being taken over by Sharia law and swamped by immigrants. Still we have media and politicians who are pushing their agendas too so it is not surprising.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quote BF..... "My suggestions would be to look at what is actually being taught in schools rather than rely on what somebody (with their own agenda) is telling you is being taught in schools."
I suggest you travel over from OZ and have a look at the agenda rather than rely on somebody that is telling you.

How about the Christmas nativity plays?........ a recent nativity play in a school in Portslade contained nothing nativity......... in fact songs were sung from around the world. This is just one example close to home.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quote BF..... "My suggestions would be to look at what is actually being taught in schools rather than rely on what somebody (with their own agenda) is telling you is being taught in schools."
I suggest you travel over from OZ and have a look at the agenda rather than rely on somebody that is telling you.

How about the Christmas nativity plays?........ a recent nativity play in a school in Portslade contained nothing nativity......... in fact songs were sung from around the world. This is just one example close to home.

Do you have a link to this? I suspect that as with all of these stories the have previously presented there is more to the story than meets the eye.

I don't really see the problem with this to be honest. Christmas isn't about religion anymore (I would suggest it has always been a winter festival merged with the nativity story, but that is another discussion). As an Athiest/Agnostic that sounds like just the kind of Christmas play I would like my children to be part of......... a celebration of the world during a winter celebration.......... wonderful.

It is interesting that you see all this stuff as some kind of sinister left wing plan by the red undr the bed to indoctrinate and brainwash our children into our evil left wing ideologies. When really it is simply a reaction to the communities that school are teaching and trying to cater for all needs of all students with a mix of cultural backgrounds. I know my boy is very interested in the beliefs of his classmates and often comes home and looks at his globe to see where so and so is from.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do you have a link to this? I suspect that as with all of these stories the have previously presented there is more to the story than meets the eye.

"I don't really see the problem with this to be honest. Christmas isn't about religion anymore (I would suggest it has always been a winter festival merged with the nativity story, but that is another discussion). As an Athiest/Agnostic that sounds like just the kind of Christmas play I would like my children to be part of......... a celebration of the world during a winter celebration.......... wonderful." Quote BF

I don't need a link. My mates two children went to this school, and he and his wife went to the nativity play. Just songs from around the world were sung.

The nativity play is part of the Christian celebration of Christmas. I have no truck with Ramadan being celebrated, Yom Kippur or any such holy times that are celebrated in this country without any interference or changing to suit.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

"I don't really see the problem with this to be honest. Christmas isn't about religion anymore (I would suggest it has always been a winter festival merged with the nativity story, but that is another discussion). As an Athiest/Agnostic that sounds like just the kind of Christmas play I would like my children to be part of......... a celebration of the world during a winter celebration.......... wonderful." Quote BF

I don't need a link. My mates two children went to this school, and he and his wife went to the nativity play. Just songs from around the world were sung.

The nativity play is part of the Christian celebration of Christmas. I have no truck with Ramadan being celebrated, Yom Kippur or any such holy times that are celebrated in this country without any interference or changing to suit.

Hard for me to comment on the hearsay of your mate but really I don't see much wrong with it. Do you complain about Christmas becoming less and less to do with religion across wider society or is this just saved for schools?

So take your kids to a church, you can see the nativity each and every Christmas. Or send them to a Christian religious school......really the teaching of a single religion has no place in state schools anyway. Not when their are children with so many different beliefs in them.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Am I the only one who sees a sort of Irony that if the grauniadistas managed to convince people en mass that some news papers were nasty and beyond the pale and needed to be shut down then in a democratic vote the Gaurdian would be the first paper to be forcibly shut.

most people avoid gender benders because they cant get their heads round it and nothing to do with bigotry. If adults cant why are children any different?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hard for me to comment on the hearsay of your mate but really I don't see much wrong with it. Do you complain about Christmas becoming less and less to do with religion across wider society or is this just saved for schools?

So take your kids to a church, you can see the nativity each and every Christmas. Or send them to a Christian religious school......really the teaching of a single religion has no place in state schools anyway. Not when their are children with so many different beliefs in them.

They did go to a Christian religious school. I did see both of them in quite a few nativity plays..........sadly my mates children, who years after mine, who also went to a Christian school, were not so fortunate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Am I the only one who sees a sort of Irony that if the grauniadistas managed to convince people en mass that some news papers were nasty and beyond the pale and needed to be shut down then in a democratic vote the Gaurdian would be the first paper to be forcibly shut

Yep, spot on.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I really cannot understand why anyone would post anything about this matter on an Internet Forum about Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club. Surely there is some Forum for people to post about such matters. What has it to do with football, let alone Brighton and Hove Albion FC?

No, there was no thread before you started one. Why would there be?

I'm glad that people can talk about such issues on NSC. Maybe it hasn't got much to do with football but I'm proud that Brighton fans have a bit of humanity about them.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
They did go to a Christian religious school. I did see both of them in quite a few nativity plays..........sadly my mates children, who years after mine, who also went to a Christian school, were not so fortunate.

you are telling me that a Christian religious school decided not to do the nativity play last Christmas? Which school was it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here