Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there really no thread on Littlejohn's latest bullying outrage?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
My experience of working in school, is that children will often mirror their parents prejudice. Children tend to only repeat what they hear at home. As much as we educate children, unfortunately their parents also have a massive input and responsibility to help schools, and they are not always willing to do that.

I do agree

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've no doubt that Littlejohn is a complete arse but i don't agree with this whole witch hunt mentality which exists nowadays.

He's paid by a tabloid newspaper to give opinions on various issues going on in society. To say he thought it best for Lucy Meadow's to consider leaving a school and to restart at another school shortly after her sex change doesn't seem that unreasonable, taking into consideration the school children at the school where she taught and the definite confusion that would have followed.

It's terrible when somebody commits suicide(allegedly at this stage). We shouldn't always be looking for somebody to hang in these kinds of situations. Sad as it is.

I think you miss the point though, the alleged suicide is merely the catalyst that has drawn attention to his transphobic agenda. I equally believe Julie Burchill has no business being in a position of influence after her recent vindictive outburst. Instead it has just been outrageously swept under the carpet - Observer transphobic Julie Burchill article did not breach Editors Code of Practice says PCC - PinkNews.co.uk. Transphobia is a real issue that affects real people

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think you miss the point though, the alleged suicide is merely the catalyst that has drawn attention to his transphobic agenda. I equally believe Julie Burchill has no business being in a position of influence after her recent vindictive outburst. Instead it has just been outrageously swept under the carpet - Observer transphobic Julie Burchill article did not breach Editors Code of Practice says PCC - PinkNews.co.uk. Transphobia is a real issue that affects real people

They aren't REAL though are they #littlejohn

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh dear! More fake facebook grief!

The left wing v the daily mail case number 94!

Boring!

What has this got to do with left vs right? I was equally abhorred by Julie Birchill's transphobia in the Guardian.

Having said that if the Mail had its way we'd still be imprisoning gays and slavery would still be legal.

Do we have to be left wing to disagree with such an article ?

Not at all, but the usual suspects come out in numbers when the daily mail is involved! It may be a vile little rag but the post leveson option scares me more. People disagree, people are nasty to one another, but we are still free.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It would be nice if papers just disclosed pure facts and we all had to go and discuss over a few beers eh?

Anyone who buys a regular paper of their opion pieces has already opened themselves up somewhat to be 'led' to thinking a certain way. Especially the ****ing mail.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not at all, but the usual suspects come out in numbers when the daily mail is involved! It may be a vile little rag but the post leveson option scares me more. People disagree, people are nasty to one another, but we are still free.

I'm with you, I'd much prefer a press that's free to hack dead girl's voicemail messages. Keep sticking it to the man brother.

What has this got to do with left vs right? I was equally abhorred by Julie Birchill's transphobia in the Guardian.

Having said that if the Mail had its way we'd still be imprisoning gays and slavery would still be legal.

Whenever the daily mail is involved the left leaning of society spit so much vile! If you don't like it don't buy it or read articles about it that someone else posted on fakebook!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Whenever the daily mail is involved the left leaning of society spit so much vile! If you don't like it don't buy it or read articles about it that someone else posted on fakebook!

It's vile to believe that transphobia is wrong? It's vile to care about the rights of people that are discriminated against every day? The Mail's agenda is anti-equality, a lot of people believe that equality is something to strive for, that might have something to do with the pattern that you acknowledge.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
This is a direct quote. "Nathan Upton is entitled to his gender reassignment surgery, but he isn’t entitled to project his personal problems on to impressionable young children." That statement is clearly transphobic. He is describing someones gender identity as a "personal problem." I'd rather have Miss Meadows teach my kids than Richard Littlejohn, that's for sure.

Whilst I think Littlejohn is a moron and the Daily Mail is a farcical paper I do think this is a bit of witch hunt mentality where people try and find xenophobia anywhere they can.

I don't think you can disagree that having gender identity issues as Lucy Meadows did is a personal problem can you? It's an exceptionally confusing and difficult thing to come to terms with and probably took years for her to understand before she realised. An issue like that is surely a personal problem!

I don't think that Littlejohn is outwardly against transexuals but is simply commenting (albeit it in an awful manner) that it can be hard for children to deal with or expose them to a complicated life situation which they may not understand. I'm not a child psychologist - perhaps it is better they learn about that earlier in life, but either way I understand his point.

I just think we need to stop just going round calling for people to be sacked and vilifying people for speaking their mind, be they right or wrong. There will have been plenty of people out there who agreed with his opinion and wanted to read it. If they're stupid enough to waste their money on the Mail every day then so be it, we can't just stop them from reading what they want to anymore that they can stop others from writing about issues they disagree with.

I'm with you, I'd much prefer a press that's free to hack dead girl's voicemail messages. Keep sticking it to the man brother.

The laws are already in place and should have been used to arrest and jail those who hacked her phone( even though the guardian story about deleting messages was proved to be a lie) the police chose not to use them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Spring hall convert, you seem incapable of being involved in a reasonable debate.

Au revoir

Merely fighting fire with fire, would you concede that this post is both dismissive & sarcastic?

Oh dear! More fake facebook grief!

The left wing v the daily mail case number 94!

Boring!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Whilst I think Littlejohn is a moron and the Daily Mail is a farcical paper I do think this is a bit of witch hunt mentality where people try and find xenophobia anywhere they can.

I don't think you can disagree that having gender identity issues as Lucy Meadows did is a personal problem can you? It's an exceptionally confusing and difficult thing to come to terms with and probably took years for her to understand before she realised. An issue like that is surely a personal problem!

I don't think that Littlejohn is outwardly against transexuals but is simply commenting (albeit it in an awful manner) that it can be hard for children to deal with or expose them to a complicated life situation which they may not understand. I'm not a child psychologist - perhaps it is better they learn about that earlier in life, but either way I understand his point.

I just think we need to stop just going round calling for people to be sacked and vilifying people for speaking their mind, be they right or wrong. There will have been plenty of people out there who agreed with his opinion and wanted to read it. If they're stupid enough to waste their money on the Mail every day then so be it, we can't just stop them from reading what they want to anymore that they can stop others from writing about issues they disagree with.

Good post.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Regardless of that, to effectively name and shame someone is the issue here. And the c**t knew he was doing that.

Exactly! Well said. Spiteful Littlechild rather than Man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here