Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone (Brighton fan) on this board who thinks Hyppia should stay?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You are not really understanding the point.

Your view is that if we go down it's all over?

My view is we can bounce back stronger if we do.

No, I understand. I just don't agree it would be very easy and there is a bigger danger of not resurfacing for several years. I don't have the time to do the estimated maths right now, but if you work out the attendace dip and match day spend you'd see massive financial cuts in league one.

To finance our set up we need to be in the premiership.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No, I understand. I just don't agree it would be very easy and there is a bigger danger of not resurfacing for several years. I don't have the time to do the estimated maths right now, but if you work out the attendace dip and match day spend you'd see massive financial cuts in league one.

To finance our set up we need to be in the premiership.

We are many years away from that even if we stay up. So unfortunately it's not exactly an option available to us.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Bounce back stronger? Seriously.

We need to be in the champ minimum. Whats the point of the amex. Lets do what those up the road have done and stayed in the champ for years with the odd play off and yes flirt with relegation.

What was the point of leaving withers to have three seasons in the champ then go down.

Have you ever been to boro? 13k in a 35k stadium is soul destroying.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

What would set us apart from all the teams that have thought that and failed. Is the DS full of players ready to step up?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Bounce back stronger? Seriously.

We need to be in the champ minimum. Whats the point of the amex. Lets do what those up the road have done and stayed in the champ for years with the odd play off and yes flirt with relegation.

What was the point of leaving withers to have three seasons in the champ then go down.

Have you ever been to boro? 13k in a 35k stadium is soul destroying.

We will have a drop in gates next season regardless of the division we are in. Having 6k STH's not show up to many games this season is a clue to where it will go. We will still have the same support but people will go to less games and will purchase on a match by match basis.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We will have a drop in gates next season regardless of the division we are in. Having 6k STH's not show up to many games this season is a clue to where it will go. We will still have the same support but people will go to less games and will purchase on a match by match basis.

Nah STHs wont renew. At the moment they pay but are not putting their bum on the seat so as it stands the club are still getting the cash even with the dross that is being served up.

Next year when we are cut adrift because they didnt Bin the Finn early enough will see no renewals and NO bums on seats as we have the best fcilities in L1 and Barber and Burke can glory at a job well done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here