Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone (Brighton fan) on this board who thinks Hyppia should stay?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If we cast our minds back to the summer, many on here predicted a struggle this season after poor recruitment this summer. Not forgetting an awful January window and a pretty shite one before that, when Oscar arrived the previous summer.

No surprise from me where we are now, whether it was Sami or someone else, the board had to give whoever it was a fighting chance, and they have failed to do that.

I wouldn't wish the Brighton job on any decent human being, and any manager with an ounce of sense would steer well clear now that it is plain to see how we operate.

Last edited:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If we cast our minds back to the summer, many on here predicted a struggle this season after poor recruitment this summer. Not forgetting an awful January window and a pretty shite one before that, when Oscar arrived the previous summer. (my avatar expresses the fact)

No surprise from me where we are now, whether it was Sami or someone else, the board had to give whoever it was a fighting chance, and they have failed to do that.

I wouldn't wish the Brighton job on any decent human being, and any manager with an ounce of sense would steer well clear now that it is plain to see how we operate.

shall we turn the lights off now then?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we cast our minds back to the summer, many on here predicted a struggle this season after poor recruitment this summer. Not forgetting an awful January window and a pretty shite one before that, when Oscar arrived the previous summer.

Are you forgetting that Sami is a ****ing clueless manager (number 1 problem)? Now, add to that Burke's failings (partially and belatedly addressed), and you have the two primary reasons for where we are in the table. A good manager would see us comfortably in mid-table IMHO.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Are you forgetting that Sami is a ****ing clueless manager (number 1 problem)? Now, add to that Burke's failings (partially and belatedly addressed), and you have the two primary reasons for where we are in the table. A good manager would see us comfortably in mid-table IMHO.

to be a little fair to SH it may help if he had anyone other than that clue less twit Jones to support him. God how I hope that if Sami goes we don't get stuck with that little berk, not even for half an hour...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm normally one of the last people to call for the managers head, but the results speak for themselves. Hyppia's result before us were poor, making the decision to employee him odd.

Everyone I speak to wants him out, but is there anyone out there currently thinking we should give him more time?

Like you, I am always one to give the manager time. It takes a long time to build success. But we are going backwards, there are no signs of improvement, and with the players we have we should be at least 10 places higher. Poyet would be challenging for the play-offs with this team, no doubt about it.

OUT OUT OUT.

phonetichalo

Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
Doesn't he have to go sooner rather than later for the simple fact we would want a new manager to have some say on what goes on in the January transfer window?

But seeing how the club does things at the mo, we will sack him just before and leave the new manager to panic pick players or have no say in what comes in at all.
(also if the board were thinking of sacking him, why put players out on loan not giving the new manger the option of them)

Ive given up on understanding Hyppias tactics, I might need to do the same with the running of the club.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I so wanted this all to work out and bringing Sami in as another TB masterstroke.

To be honest,1 win in 16 games means we are currently heading back to league 1 and doing nothing is no longer an option. I must confess I haven't been to last couple of home games - just not enjoying watching the train crash that is our current disorganised shambles.

We left it late bringing in Russell Slade and only survived on the last day, lets hope the club act in time once again. Sorry Sami but this job is too just big for you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, 'bedwetters' vindicated 100%.

(Cue a couple of angry posts (which won't hurt anyone, least of all me) from deluded souls who still don't get it.)

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Can't imagine he gets the players fired up going by his interviews, and his track record as a Manager is shit.
His tactics seem all over the place, and it just seems there is more to it than meets the eye with his appointment.
But to be fair, the football under Garcia was pretty shit but we managed to be high up the table, and he was a appointment out of nowhere.
As for Jones, what does that little f*ker do?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

That is debatable, we were the most ill prepared club at the start of the season, barring Blackpool, and I was concerned before Sami even took to the dugout.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
That is debatable, we were the most ill prepared club at the start of the season, barring Blackpool, and I was concerned before Sami even took to the dugout.

you must have been s h I t t in g yourself when he got there then

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It was said on Radio Sussex after the game that Derby had 9 players in the squad that played in the play-off with us last year. Brighton had 1 player left from last year that played (not accounting for our injuries). Derby managed to keep their manager and most if not all of their players and bought in additions. we seem to have got rid/sold nearly all of our better players and our additions seem to be on the cheap/not good enough either playing wise or they can`t adapt to the playing system we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here