Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there anyone (Brighton fan) on this board who thinks Hyppia should stay?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why the hell would you want to go down when we now have a stadium that is up there with the best.

Madness. We have spent too long arsing around the bottom two divisions and its now time to aim alot higher we are not at withers anymore :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It can be argued that going down eases pressure and allows rebuild and new momentum to build on the back of a promotion challenge,i suppose that's the theory.
Absolute nonsense and people who think that really haven't got a clue. I'm miffed as to how people can come to that conclusion.

What do you mean it eases pressure? It's exactly the opposite i would say. There will be more pressure on an instant promotion. Trying to convince our better players to stay. Trying to convince season tickets to renew or return. Trying to convince the fans we are heading in the right direction.Then there's the players budget. That will be first hit and slashed drastically. Having to cash in on players who want out or being poached at a cheaper price. Don't expect prices to drop either. I would say they would mostly stay the same as the club couldn't justify an increase.
People who come out with that shit about relegation might be good are simply thick.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We could spend the next 4 or 5 years re-patching up the squad and struggling to be average in the Championship.

We could also end up doing the same thing in league one with 12-15k crowds. Think of the lost revenue and what impact that would have on the club.

I honestly think Friday is D-day for Hyppia, I hope we win and we turn it all around, but I just can't see it!

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We could also end up doing the same thing in league one with 12-15k crowds. Think of the lost revenue and what impact that would have on the club.

I honestly think Friday is D-day for Hyppia, I hope we win and we turn it all around, but I just can't see it!

Friday probably isn't going to be a pleasant watch...the tension is building with each game that passes

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
my fear (and i hate to put it this way) is that we do actually beat Millwall and that will just buy Sami more time and paper over the cracks.

hopefully we will win and Bloom will come to his senses and sack him anyway but i can't see it

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please Please Mr Bloom sack the woeful Hyppia tomorrow get Calderon in for a tempary period and think long and hard about what manager available can get us out of this mess every game longer you leave Hyppia in charge jeopardises our championship status more

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

To be honest, the lost revenue is only a concern for the club. They should have shown some foresight in the last January transfer window when we were kissing 30k gates.

I don't see just Blooms money going into the club, yes he has paid for the Amex and the Academy, but when you have fans pumping around £18m collectively annually back into it, in the long term the fans have provided a hell of a lot of money that pays for the day to day running of the club that shouldn't be sniffed at.

If Bloom wasn't prepared to back the last manager at a key moment for our promotion push why should the paying customer have complete faith in, and back Bloom? That January transfer mistake has cost the club millions already and will cost it millions more.

The thing is in life, when you make a bad decision it never makes much difference in the short term, but it sure as hell catches up and bites you in the arse later.

To drop down a division means that the club can regroup and invest in affordable players. Theoretically we should be leaders of the league one player recruitment market, whereas currently we cannot compete for players we need with other Championship clubs. So yes we would lose revenue, but the costs of running the club will drop as well.

I hope Sami can turn things around for his sake, but the biggest mistake he made was signing up to a shambles.

my fear (and i hate to put it this way) is that we do actually beat Millwall and that will just buy Sami more time and paper over the cracks.

hopefully we will win and Bloom will come to his senses and sack him anyway but i can't see it

4pts from millwall and wolves is eminently achievable - can u see bloom doing a u turn if that happens ?

Ha you got me there

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only the third time in over 20 years that I've wanted a manager OUT. (Wood and Hunch being the others
Enough, get rid.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
To drop down a division means that the club can regroup and invest in affordable players. Theoretically we should be leaders of the league one player recruitment market, whereas currently we cannot compete for players we need with other Championship clubs. So yes we would lose revenue, but the costs of running the club will drop as well.

Which is exactly where we would be once we came back into the Championship (which is by no means guaranteed - we could well do a Yeovil).

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
:wave:

cant stand the modern trend with this merry go round of managers just moving about different clubs every few months because the going gets tough,mostly i think its just a piss poor defence by owners to deflect the fact the overall set up is not working.Not every team can win every week......But hey lets sack the manager......must be his fault.

There are notable cases where managers have had a torrid time their first season and been called totally clueless by the fans but things have come good when they are given time to implement their ideas.

Obviously things are not going well at the moment and IF we go down i will be seriously miffed but thats football,i would still go for giving him the full season at least.

I would rather see thread after thread of people asking how we the fans could help improve matters in our own simplistic way,im sure that would be more constructive for the players,board members and staff that we know read NSC,nowadays its far simpler and easier to be critical online as opposed to being constructive.

A wildly unfashionable viewpoint i warrant........ill get my coat.

I sort of get where you are coming from, but there are a lot of fans who are not prepared to shell out for a season ticket in a half full stadium with no atmosphere. This is what we can expect if relegated.
Also, what guarantee is there that the management of the club at this time could organise a promotion challenge rather than League 1 mediocrity? Or even worse League 2 ??

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Which is exactly where we would be once we came back into the Championship (which is by no means guaranteed - we could well do a Yeovil).

Not really. You can build the core of your team in L1 and then play with the team that got you promoted like Shampton and now Bournemouth have done. Even Brentford came up and hit the ground running.

I am not suggesting that we should deliberately go down, but if we do it is not such a big setback if the time is used well.

I don't think you can compare us to Yeovil :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are paying the price for changing manager so often and that lack of continuity.

Changing manager is the issue, Poyet effectively left as Barber arrived - he sacked Poyet when assistant at Spurs. Oscar left due to personal issues which appeared to be due to Czech keeper we had (allegedly).

Except Barber didn't sack Poyet at Spurs, he didn't "effectively" leave as Barber arrived (1 year later), and the issues with Oscar, as far as any have been made public, were professional reasons (squad, wages etc) not nonsense gossip.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Not really. You can build the core of your team in L1 and then play with the team that got you promoted like Shampton and now Bournemouth have done. Even Brentford came up and hit the ground running.

I am not suggesting that we should deliberately go down, but if we do it is not such a big setback if the time is used well.

I don't think you can compare us to Yeovil :lolol:

You shouldn't compare us to Brentford or Bournemouth either! What about Sheffield utd or Doncaster who mustered a good l1 squad then go relegated. For every team that gets promoted and done well there are teams that struggle, Rotherham?

What about Coventry, nice new stadium got relegated etc....?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There's no 'It doesn't matter' choice in the polls.

People are calling for the manager's head because it's easier and more convenient than calling for a dozen players' heads, that's all.

Parties and PM's dance this dance all the time.

Seems to have worked for all the other teams around us who have sacked there managers

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You shouldn't compare us to Brentford or Bournemouth either! What about Sheffield utd or Doncaster who mustered a good l1 squad then go relegated. For every team that gets promoted and done well there are teams that struggle, Rotherham?

What about Coventry, nice new stadium got relegated etc....?

That is down to the club strategy, how it operates and how good a team you have built.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here