Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there actually any truth in the Glenn Murray speculation?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Am I alone in not wanting Murray back? Surely we should move forward - not backwards! It's not as if he enjoyed the hero status of Zamora!

I agree. Crofts, Zamora (legend, I know, and still knocking in the goals) and now Sidwell.

If we did sign Murray, we would look like a retirement home for former players and old favourites, rather than a club which boasts of being PLR and is looking to build for the future!

Even if we have these players just to the end of the season, and then they retire, move on or return to their parent club (I'd add James Wilson at this point), we're still going to have a major rebuilding job to do next summer, rather than a bit of fine-tuning - quite apart from the likelihood that Greer and Calderon are also coming towards the end of their careers with us (sadly).

September Seagull

It's Tricky
Jan 25, 2016
Patcham
I agree. Crofts, Zamora (legend, I know, and still knocking in the goals) and now Sidwell.

If we did sign Murray, we would look like a retirement home for former players and old favourites, rather than a club which boasts of being PLR and is looking to build for the future!

Even if we have these players just to the end of the season, and then they retire, move on or return to their parent club (I'd add James Wilson at this point), we're still going to have a major rebuilding job to do next summer - quite apart from the likelihood that Greer and Calderon are also coming towards the end of their careers with us (sadly).

The team is going to need a massive rebuild in the summer anyway so at this time short term loans of players who will get us promoted is what is needed. The club will get millions for being promoted which can be spent on the rebuild.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Muzza would be a great signing, but I agree with the above suggestion that what we really need is someone with a bit of pace - Sam B, but better. Just how sure are we that James W won't be recalled? I think it more and more likely he will be, especially with the mess that Man U are in, and the pressure LVG is under.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No brainer, just get him in please.

What ROT. Ignore him scoring 20 goals for us in League 1 and 30 in the Championship for the Nigels, and goals at Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

He didn't clap the fans at Brentford when SADE was manager, frankly hanging is too good for him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Probably a stupid question, but can't we sign him on a 93 day loan now, and then renew it in the loan window?
No, 93 days is the maximum length of an emergency loan. They start off at 28 days and can then be extended. 93 days is the maximum with any extensions applied.

You cannot for instance do a 28 day loan, and then another for 93 days.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
footballers talk such bollox......not too keen on murray,he basically sulked himself out the door....

No he didn't. That's not even close to what happened.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No he didn't. That's not even close to what happened.
ok .....:thumbsup: contract up, wanted a pay rise, poyet wouldn't agree so he went to our biggest rivals up the road , moody ,homesick apparently all the time but i guess once he bought his gaff he had to deal with it in a grown up way and not sulk.......still not keen , don't think he was either...my opinion of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here