Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a single metric that points to the Albion not losing on Wednesday?

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I thought it was just me.... Ive been bricking it for days now, every time I hear another stat showing how "Palace havent won in 2023", or "Palace have scored just 12 goals or something, since the World Cup", or "Palace havent had a shot on target in three entire games" - even Palace fans I know think they'll be whupped 4-1 ! And yet .... it just doesn't happen like that does it ? This has got the Albion having 98% possession, missing 22 chances, lofting shots over the bar from the 6 yard line, hitting inside of both posts, keeper saving the rest with his nose, his earlobe and his jockstrap, and them winning 1-0.
Please , please prove me wrong !!

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I thought it was just me.... Ive been bricking it for days now, every time I hear another stat showing how "Palace havent won in 2023", or "Palace have scored just 12 goals or something, since the World Cup", or "Palace havent had a shot on target in three entire games" - even Palace fans I know think they'll be whupped 4-1 ! And yet .... it just doesn't happen like that does it ? This has got the Albion having 98% possession, missing 22 chances, lofting shots over the bar from the 6 yard line, hitting inside of both posts, keeper saving the rest with his nose, his earlobe and his jockstrap, and them winning 1-0.
Please , please prove me wrong !!
I think Palace are going to think that this is how it is going to happen for them. Therefore I predict that they will defend with 11 men behind the ball for 94 minutes, clearing 5 shots off the line, then all of their players will chase up the pitch searching for their inevitable winner, they have a shot which is goal bound but hits Wilf on the arse, deflects onto the post and then Dunk tries to clear, it hits Wilf again, but comes out, Moises backheels it to Mac, who flicks it to Solly who then runs up the pitch, crosses to Mitoma who runs clear and pops the ball into an empty net.
Cue Limbs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Palace are going to think that this is how it is going to happen for them. Therefore I predict that they will defend with 11 men behind the ball for 94 minutes, clearing 5 shots off the line, then all of their players will chase up the pitch searching for their inevitable winner, they have a shot which is goal bound but hits Wilf on the arse, deflects onto the post and then Dunk tries to clear, it hits Wilf again, but comes out, Moises backheels it to Mac, who flicks it to Solly who then runs up the pitch, crosses to Mitoma who runs clear and pops the ball into an empty net.
Cue Limbs.
VAR then intervenes as footage shows Dunk clipped Wilf in the box. Goal disallowed and penalty to Palace….Wilf steps up…

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
VAR then intervenes as footage shows Dunk clipped Wilf in the box. Goal disallowed and penalty to Palace….Wilf steps up…
Smashes the penalty against the bar, it bounces out towards the half way líne, and Ferguson chips the keeper from 60 yards out.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reports they will have no senior goalkeeper tonight.

Swinging things in their favour. And just to push us over the edge, the club have decided it will be a good idea for a pre-game light show. Considering not bothering, tbh.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
After the disappointment of Fulham, we saw the reaction against West Ham.

After today's wastefulness, I'm sure that we'll be back to winning ways on Wednesday.
Never in doubt. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here