Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a single metric that points to the Albion not losing on Wednesday?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it was unlikely but if they had won today I would have some confidence about Wednesday, it might even have been a game with moments of entertainment.

But despite Paddy saying they were now on their run of easier games they didn't win and Wednesday will be the footballing equivalent of staring directly at the sun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plenty of 11/2 out there for Palace if you fear the worst. Probably bigger on Betfair, fill your boots.
Fulham paid for Leeds!!!

I'm not a bad fan - that was also pretty fudging obvious.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I've had covid this week and therefore will miss the Wednesday game so in my world we are going to post a record victory.
Just to reassure you, this absolutely isn't going to happen. Just remind yourself how it's gone in the last 7 matches with them? We've outshot them something like 74-6 in shots on target, lost twice and not won any of them.

The best we can hope for is a 1-1 draw with VAR ruling out three more perfectly good Albion goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Is there a single metric that points to the Albion not losing on Wednesday?​

Yes. I’m very likely to be missing my first palace home match for decades, which naturally means we will annihilate them
I'm still undecided.
I can only think of reasons to not go, I've got all the excuses covered, time, money, health, employment.
I can even get a note from my mum.

I actively hate this game at the best of times.
The Albion is my release but this game is my reminder we're not in Kansas anymore.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Haven't put a bet on for 5-6 years but very tempted by a tenner on 1-0 to Palace at 14-1 to mitigate the inevitable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't put a bet on for 5-6 years but very tempted by a tenner on 1-0 to Palace at 14-1 to mitigate the inevitable
Go the whole hog on a bet builder.

0-1
Own goal.
No shots on target.
Time 85th - 90+ min.

Do it now and retire.
Don't wait till Wednesday when it'll be even money at best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After the disappointment of Fulham, we saw the reaction against West Ham.

After today's wastefulness, I'm sure that we'll be back to winning ways on Wednesday.

(And just in case anyone's seeing a pattern here and consequently worried about Sunday, that's a one-off!)
You've jinxed it , now :facepalm:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bet365 now have Palace 1-0 at 18-1( I got 16-1).

Will be phoning in sick on Thursday and spending my winnings on fine food and many pints

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
0-1 a freak Veltman clearance that ricochets off Edouard's arse

It's in the tea leaves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here