Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a nice part of Burgess Hill?

I used to live in Stirling Court Road when I was younger!! I used to love it!!

Went to school at Birchwood Grove Primary School, Burgess Hill and then went onto Oakmeeds, Burgess Hill!!!!!

My mum still lives there and although it has changed alot since I lived there (though haven't most places) I still enjoy it there.:thumbsup:

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
never been to burgess hill but haywards heath is lovely. nice little shops and cafe's and bars and a nice atmosphere. And contrary to speculation and heresay i havent found it snobby at all in fact i would say the people are friendly and welcoming when i have been there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shows how spoilt we are in Sussex when a town like Burgess Hill is widely deemed a shit hole.

Anyone who describes Burgess Hill as a shit hole has never been to Moulescombe, Whitrhawk, Broadfield, Hassocks (yes I used to live there and detested the place), Southwick, Portslade to name but a few. Burgess Hill is a typical commuter town but there are a lot of worse places in Sussex let alone elsewhere. You want a shitehole then I give you Worthing (yes I lived there too and it's a dreadful place).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
never been to burgess hill but haywards heath is lovely. nice little shops and cafe's and bars and a nice atmosphere. And contrary to speculation and heresay i havent found it snobby at all in fact i would say the people are friendly and welcoming when i have been there.

Having lived in HH for my whole life, I would have to disagree with everything you just said.

Depressing little hell hole with only one good thing about it. The train station, so you can get the hell out of there.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Having grown up in Burgess Hill and now living in Luton for the past couple of months, feel like we've done a swap? As people have said - There's some nice areas in the east of the town.. Silverdale/Glendale/Ferndale area is nice, as is Folders Lane, and some areas off Farm Way, like Rosebarn Close. We (living in Silverdale) had something through the door the other day to say that they were planning a new estate between Birchwood Grove Road and Folders Meadow. If you're not in a massive rush to move down there, might be worth looking at that new area if it goes ahead?

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Having lived in HH for my whole life, I would have to disagree with everything you just said.

Depressing little hell hole with only one good thing about it. The train station, so you can get the hell out of there.

well each to their own i suppose but i really like the place

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Anyone who describes Burgess Hill as a shit hole has never been to Moulescombe, Whitrhawk, Broadfield, Hassocks (yes I used to live there and detested the place), Southwick, Portslade to name but a few. Burgess Hill is a typical commuter town but there are a lot of worse places in Sussex let alone elsewhere. You want a shitehole then I give you Worthing (yes I lived there too and it's a dreadful place).

If you think Hassocks is a shithole along with Moulescoomb and the rest then you need your head testing :lolol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

you will probably change your opinion if you ever do get the hell out of there !! seriously it is a nice place to live , you sound fairly young so no doubt want to get out and live somewhere witha little bit more buzz about it , but take it from me, its a nice place to bring up a family.

Dudes

Feb 26, 2012
HatterLovesBrighton, did you move in the end?

I am going to work in London starting Jan 2013. I now live on the surrey/berkshire border in Camberley but I will probably move to burgess hill/ hassocks. I love brighton but this is too far from london bridge (I will be working in fenchurch street). Probably going to move in the half term to fit in with the schools. I have three kids 11, 8 and 1. did not like the feel of hwards heath when we visited, it was a horrible day weather wise though.

I dont want crawley/redhill as it seem to far from the coast.

Any advice?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
HatterLovesBrighton, did you move in the end?

I am going to work in London starting Jan 2013. I now live on the surrey/berkshire border in Camberley but I will probably move to burgess hill/ hassocks. I love brighton but this is too far from london bridge (I will be working in fenchurch street). Probably going to move in the half term to fit in with the schools. I have three kids 11, 8 and 1. did not like the feel of hwards heath when we visited, it was a horrible day weather wise though.

I dont want crawley/redhill as it seem to far from the coast.

Any advice?

Yep, but ended up in Haywards Heath and we're very happy here. The suburbs are nicer, less chavy all round and there are more trains. Town centre not quite as big as burgess hill but its got all you need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here