Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke

That's a myth. I've tried to clean money that way and it doesn't work. There is a slight difference where the liquid has permeated the grime (like leaving anything to soak), but they're no cleaner than if you soak them in washing up liquid.

On a similar line my dad was in the navy during the war and he never drank plain water as he'd seen what it did to the outside of battleships.

Brown sauce is also good for cleaning coins.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How do you think they fill the bottles and cans?

Probably with the correct ratios , Coke from a bottle or can tastes entirely different to what they dispense into a cup at Maccy D's. :lol:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Just an observation but how many people do you know who have diabetes and how many do you know who have bladder cancer? And of those who have bladder cancer how many have told you that it is a direct result of drinking diet coke?
Exactly! Diet version please (although I prefer Pepsi max).

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Good point, I have NEVER found a diet soft drink containing Aspartame palatable. If really nailed in to a corner I would go with the normal because at least sugar is little bit more natural.

Yeah I dont touch any diet drink, makes Me cringe at the thought of them, especially stuff like 7up and Sprite etc.

Coke from A glass bottle is lovely, from a can its nice, the stuff from Crackdonalds doesnt even taste the same though, its watered down and comes as a syrup doesnt it? So they probably water it down big time to make the most out of it, like cafes add vinegar to their tomato sauce to make it last longer lol

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just an observation but how many people do you know who have diabetes and how many do you know who have bladder cancer? And of those who have bladder cancer how many have told you that it is a direct result of drinking diet coke?
Exactly! Diet version please (although I prefer Pepsi max).

how many people do you know who got bladder cancer from drinking coke? any drink in moderation is fine, i probably have 1 or 2 can of cokes a day, mostly drink tea, sparkling water or san pelligrino lemonade.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A huge difference, one tastes great and the other I'd chose sewage over it

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Was addicted to both as a younger kid. I could probably drink Coke, diet coke,pepsi and diet pepsi blind folded and tell you which was which (nothing to brag about).

Stopped drinking all fizzy drinks completely for a couple of months, just drinking loads of water and it's crazy how much better I felt. Now only have coke very rarely like at a meal out, although the damage is already done in terms of my teeth though. Other than the taste, utterly horrible stuff.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm diabetic and don't drink any type of cola [accept with the occasional rum and then only proper [full-fat] coke will do for decent taste]
I'd read years ago that aspartame was linked to brain tumors with as much certainty as smoking was to lung cancer.
Soft drink for me is a tall glass of cold soda water [on ice] with a splash of ribena / orange / lemon squash to colour and taste.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
how many people do you know who got bladder cancer from drinking coke? any drink in moderation is fine, i probably have 1 or 2 can of cokes a day, mostly drink tea, sparkling water or san pelligrino lemonade.

I or 2 cans a day! Do you really think that is in moderation. I drink about half a dozen a year.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm guessing everyone so concerned about getting bladder cancer from aspartamine are non-smoking teetotallers?

I can definitely taste the difference between the two, but don't have a major preference (for diet/full-fat or brand). More important to me is the temperature - as ice cold as possible or not at all. I'll only have one as a little refreshing pick-me-up for the caffeine if I don't fancy a coffee. I would choose a cold glass of still water over any brand of cola 99% of the time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Pepsi for when there is no coke available. Although a warm bottle of coke at the Amex for 2.20 is a piss take 1.50 is still a healthy profit why they feel the need to rip us off is beyond me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pepsi for when there is no coke available. Although a warm bottle of coke at the Amex for 2.20 is a piss take 1.50 is a healthy profit why they feel the need to rip us off is beyond me.

Simple answer is buy 2 for £1 in Poundland and take your own, the losers are the club and caterers. My brother in law can only drink weak shandy so I buy 2 Seven Up and he drinks one at half time and one in some lager. Total cost £1

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One fizzy drink I just can't understand anyone wanting is Dr Pepper. Foul taste of chemicals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here