Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Popped in for a rare visit to MacDonalds at Shoreham earlier this evening and had to stand aside for a minute while waiting. A woman came up beside me with 3 young chav kids in tow. She started by ordering 3 Coca Colas only to be interrupted by the server saying that they had run out of Coca cola but had Diet coke. The kids turned it down and said "No".

Maybe I'm too old but can it be so different as to be undrinkable to these kids? Quite apart from the horrific calorie difference. I couldn't tell you what kind of cola I was drinking.

Don't like Diet coke at all, quite like the proper stuff if it's ice cold. Then again, I can't stand Pepsi, can easily tell the difference. I have tried Orange Fanta Zero recently though, and that was fine, compared to the normal one.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Taste-wise there is a MASSIVE difference between Coke and Diet Coke. Diet coke has a dreadful aftertaste and even possessing a palate that has been seared by countless curries I can still tell the difference. Diet Coke is foul, real Coke is a nice drink.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i prefer diet coke - it has a slightly nicer taste to it. normal coke gives me furry teeth, has a weird taste to it and sometimes gives me headaches. however to be honest i dont love diet coke all that much so normally wouldnt drink either unless theres nothing else, much prefer pepsi max

interestingly my flatmate is the other way round - staunch supporter of normal coke and thinks diet coke isn't as good

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
f you want to clean 1p or 2p coins drop them in a little coke and leave them for a while and then look to see how clean they are, imagine what it does to your stomach.

Your stomach is already filled with a stronger, more corrosive acid. Adding a weaker acid won't hurt it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
f you want to clean 1p or 2p coins drop them in a little coke and leave them for a while and then look to see how clean they are, imagine what it does to your stomach.

Why? Is your stomach made of metal?

If not, then what's the link?

(As a hint, it's the phosphoric acid in the coke than cleans the coins, your stomach acid is already a stronger acid than the coke. Your normal stomach fluid would do a better job of cleaning the coins than the coke).

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why? Is your stomach made of metal?

If not, then what's the link?

(As a hint, it's the phosphoric acid in the coke than cleans the coins, your stomach acid is already a stronger acid than the coke. Your normal stomach fluid would do a better job of cleaning the coins than the coke).

Thanks for that, i am always polishing my loose change, next time i will swallow it and wait for nature to run its course, a quick wipe and back in my pocket, i can also pretend to be a human slot machine

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That's a myth. I've tried to clean money that way and it doesn't work. There is a slight difference where the liquid has permeated the grime (like leaving anything to soak), but they're no cleaner than if you soak them in washing up liquid.

On a similar line my dad was in the navy during the war and he never drank plain water as he'd seen what it did to the outside of battleships.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Would never visit McDonalds (just to point that out!) but, in answer to your question, hell yes!
Coke is rubbish anyway, but the full-fat stuff is drinkable. Diet coke however is tasteless bubbles.
Pepsi/Virgin Cola "FTW"

Ps Diet Pepsi is even worse.
Completly agree with most of that. I can tell the difference between sugar and diet coke.

Pepsi Max for me all the way.

To answer the OP, one other big difference in "Full fat" and diet drinks, full fat is full of sugar so drink too much of it and theres a good chance you'll end up with diabetes, diet version are full of artificial sweeteners and other shit, so drink too much of that and you'll probably end up with cancer!!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Ha ha NSC the imaginary world where nobody drinks fizzy drinks or eats McDonald's, where everyone reads the correct newspaper and holidays in the socially accepted destinations and nobody is racist or sexist or istist.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
On a similar line my dad was in the navy during the war and he never drank plain water as he'd seen what it did to the outside of battleships.
I've never seen a battleship in plain water before!! :lol:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Ha ha NSC the imaginary world where nobody drinks fizzy drinks or eats McDonald's, where everyone reads the correct newspaper and holidays in the socially accepted destinations and nobody is racist or sexist or istist.

I eat at McDonalds, drink fizzy drinks, holiday in Israel, shag sluts and hate all black, white, and brown people......... dunno what istist is but I probably don't like them either. Should I not be on NSC :lol:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
That's a myth. I've tried to clean money that way and it doesn't work. There is a slight difference where the liquid has permeated the grime (like leaving anything to soak), but they're no cleaner than if you soak them in washing up liquid.

So surely he should've avoided salt water? ???

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I am approaching 6 months without having touched a fizzy soft drink of any description, which for me is quite something as I used to be hooked on them.

There is a massive difference in taste between Coke and Diet Coke, less so between Diet Coke and Coke Zero, but still enough to distinguish between them easily.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Thanks for that, i am always polishing my loose change, next time i will swallow it and wait for nature to run its course, a quick wipe and back in my pocket, i can also pretend to be a human slot machine

LOL, you might find they get a bit dirty further on in your system. What you need is an injury like this, then you can clean coins as much as you want just by dangling them on a piece of string...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_St._Martin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here