Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is the world going to end tomorrow?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Mike has come out of his cave and conceded he was wrong.

He's now gone all-in on being a flat earther.
I briefly pondered whether 'flat earthing' was an in joke. I concluded that you have to be mental to claim it. Properly irredeemable mental.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
1692545250620.png

“The disc, being flat, has no real horizon. Any adventurous sailor who got funny ideas from staring at eggs and oranges for too long and set out for the antipodes soon learned that the reason why distant ships sometimes looked as though they were disappearing over the edge of the world was that they were disappearing over the edge of the world.” — Sir Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The world would be a much better place if online advertising / monetisation of online content was completely banned. Right now people can make a full time income posting inflammatory things online. MAD!
You're an asshole

Right, where's my money?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You're an asshole

Right, where's my money?

Touché, but don't you agree? Right now some random redneck in a trailer, in the depths of Alabama, can take 5 minutes to record an offensive video targeting any random minority he thinks of that morning and he'll earn 10x what he'd earn flipping burgers at McDonalds all day. The more inflammatory the better.

PS. I do realise the irony in posting inflammatory and degrading comments about trailer dwellers in Alabama, but I'm not making any cash out of this post.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Touché, but don't you agree?

I do agree (with the paid to post inflammatory thing). I actually don't mind the idea that people get paid for online content, because it serves a purpose. There's some YT content I like, and some my kids like etc, and without people being paid for content, it wouldn't be there. But people earning a living from trolling etc is a sad side effect.

Right now some random redneck in a trailer, in the depths of Alabama, can take 5 minutes to record an offensive video targeting any random minority he thinks of that morning and he'll earn 10x what he'd earn flipping burgers at McDonalds all day. The more inflammatory the better.

PS. I do realise the irony in posting inflammatory and degrading comments about trailer dwellers in Alabama, but I'm not making any cash out of this post.
Indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here