Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is The Marina Bowlplex the worst run establishment in Brighton?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
£70 is what I was paying at Virgin and it just wasn't worth the money. The David Lloyd is more convenient for me BUT I just don't think £52 extra (over the £20 cost of membership at The Gym) is worth it just to get access to a pool and a range of fitness classes. I see LA Fitness are offering membership from £35 a month, which is far more reasonable. But it's not an ideal location so I wouldn't make the most of it.

I've started taking kettlebell classes with this guy:

1167906_10151821814751145_1000950630_n.jpg

So with my The Gym membership, and this, I get pretty much everything I need for £48 a month. However it would be nice to be able to enjoy a range of classes, and have more options on when to take them. But Virgin didn't offer that and I'm not sure I could justify finding another £24 just to get this convenience with David Lloyd

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
£70 is what I was paying at Virgin and it just wasn't worth the money. The David Lloyd is more convenient for me BUT I just don't think £52 extra (over the £20 cost of membership at The Gym) is worth it just to get access to a pool and a range of fitness classes. I see LA Fitness are offering membership from £35 a month, which is far more reasonable. But it's not an ideal location so I wouldn't make the most of it.

I've started taking kettlebell classes with this guy:

1167906_10151821814751145_1000950630_n.jpg

So with my The Gym membership, and this, I get pretty much everything I need for £48 a month. However it would be nice to be able to enjoy a range of classes, and have more options on when to take them. But Virgin didn't offer that and I'm not sure I could justify finding another £24 just to get this convenience with David Lloyd

Yeah looks triffic! or ..... dont piss your money down the drain and get two dumbells . Gyms are for fannies and preeners

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
I've never really "got" bowling. Seems to be one of those things thats been created just to provide entertainment to kids who aren't old enough to get served in pubs yet.

They also clean up for office nights out because it's a relatively cheap evening's entertainment that doesn't revolve around drinking. But it just makes me feel like a teenager, angst ridden and grumpy, surrounded by other poxy kids, most of whom are considerably better than me at bowling.

Bowlplex NO THANKS

really? bowling is for kids? go and watch "The Big Lebowski "

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I think it's different in America, where it is seen as a genuine sport. Over here it's not really taken as seriously

It's not taken seriously by people who don't do it, like most sports. For example, I can't take cricket seriously!

We still have a national bowling team, and county teams (Sussex are actually partaking in a regional qualifier today - the ladies team will get through but the men won't.) but in general, it's dying on its arse mainly due to high prices and general corporate greed, much like lots of things.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Can't believe king Alfred bowling alley and Mega zone been closed since 1999..

Still remember going there as kid like it was a few years ago!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
fair play ....cracking film though

It's a brilliant film. One of my all time favourites.

We've taken the kids to the Bowlplex a couple of times and tbh if you set your expectations to'overpriced bowling alley staffed by kids' you won't be disappointed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't believe king Alfred bowling alley and Mega zone been closed since 1999..

Still remember going there as kid like it was a few years ago!!

I smoked my first illicit B&H in the King Alfred bowling alley. I have been legal to smoke for 25 years and have given up for e last 6!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here