Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Beer choice at The Amex good enough?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Until such time they sell 4 packs of tennants super in tins, it falls short

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Beer ties suck. Why can't a pub / caterer / licensee furnish their punters with the beers they want, rather than from a limited list?

After the Kronenbourg hysterics from a couple of weeks ago, I was told the possible alternatives were Amstel (more expensive) and Birra Morretti (FAR more expensive).

Either of these would be most welcome :drink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I love what we've got, but a bit more of a link with Dark Star wouldn't go amiss. They do lovely beer - in fact I was in the Evening Star just this afternoon. Tried their Belgian IPA and it was BLOODY strong - too strong for me!!!

Harveys is not fit to be uttered in the same breath as Dark Star - God's own brewing company. Dark Star's 9% winter ale would be just the ticket for the Amex.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Harveys is not fit to be uttered in the same breath as Dark Star - God's own brewing company. Dark Star's 9% winter ale would be just the ticket for the Amex.

That has to be one of the most insane idea's I've ever heard - "yeah lad's, get the 9% beer in for the punter's this weekend. Who've we got? Oh, Millwall at home" :D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Strikes me that the Amex would make a cracking venue for a Beer Festival sometime, maybe during the close season or the dreary international breaks?

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Being a cider drinker im short of choices, that said im not complaining about strongbow. I would rather have this than magners or bulmers. Thatchers do some good ciders, although some maybe a little to strong for match days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here