Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the Beer choice at The Amex good enough?

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
What does everyone think of the beer choice at The Amex?

Personally I only drink real Ale so Harvey's Sussex Best is sufficient for me. Albeit it's not the best Ale in the world and it's not the best ale Harveys brew.

I wonder why they can't alternate Sussex Best with other Harvey's Ales. Or to make it more competitive, also have a contract with Dark Star or Arundel Breweries. (Both also local)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know I'm stuck in the past, but I'm still absolutely delighted that I can get a beer at the ground. The fact there is a choice at all, is great.

No complaints from me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's great. Harveys Best is my favourite beer anyway so naturally I am biased, but honestly having any real ale at a football is surely something to celebrate. However I do wish Sussex would do something about the pitiful greene king offerings down at hove, absolutely awful stuff.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
What happened to the Fosters trollies in the East end of the North Stand, they were great, no queues at all, now with out them, HT is a frigging nightmare to get a beer unless you miss 5-10 mins of the game..

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
What happened to the Fosters trollies in the East end of the North Stand, they were great, no queues at all, now with out them, HT is a frigging nightmare to get a beer unless you miss 5-10 mins of the game..

At the west side of the North Stand they have been sucessfully converted into Heiniken trollies (well a heiniken logo printed out and bluetacked over the fosters logo!)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know I'm stuck in the past, but I'm still absolutely delighted that I can get a beer at the ground. The fact there is a choice at all, is great.

No complaints from me.

Has to be this. At most football grounds you seem to get one option of something awful, like Carlsberg in a bottle. It's a football ground not a pub. We're very lucky.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Has to be this. At most football grounds you seem to get one option of something awful, like Carlsberg in a bottle. It's a football ground not a pub. We're very lucky.

West Ham, is something like £4.50 for a bottle of Carlsberg.

I don't really like drinking Fosters or Kronie, so i opt for strongbow. its class that you have an option of 3 back in the days of Withdean i would of been amazed at one!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As with all these threads, when you compare what we got with what we could have had, it's a no brainer.

Carlsberg and a Pukka, please.

Harveys and a steak & ale, please.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
It's great. Harveys Best is my favourite beer anyway so naturally I am biased, but honestly having any real ale at a football is surely something to celebrate. However I do wish Sussex would do something about the pitiful greene king offerings down at hove, absolutely awful stuff.

you can get harveys in the pavilion - have to be a member to get in, so why not join the club

Oddsocks

May 1, 2012
They serve Hophead as well.

Yes, I did have a pint of Hophead last season, but just once and I don't recall seeing it again. Is that at one of the mobile bars or a permanent fixture in one of the bars there?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
There was no hophead in the east stand at the last game which I was most upset about, I had a pint of harveys but its not as nice as hophead, better than bloody fosters though.

No complaints from me.

Same here, ditto with pies/burgers/hot dogs/lack of chips. The game and the glorious ground are the thing (plus half decent toilets), catering for me is a minor detail - if NSC had been around in the Goldstone era would we have moaned about the fizziness of the Tropy Bitter? It was quite a novelty to have a pint of Harvey's on my first visit (I have been driving ever since that one!), be grateful for that.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, I did have a pint of Hophead last season, but just once and I don't recall seeing it again. Is that at one of the mobile bars or a permanent fixture in one of the bars there?

There was no hophead in the east stand at the last game which I was most upset about, I had a pint of harveys but its not as nice as hophead, better than bloody fosters though.

Plenty of Hophead in the East stand upper. It was mobile in between 2 Harveys mobiles. Got served every time without even queueing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here