Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Rooney ....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Rooney hasn't played well in any tournament for England for 12 years, he should be told he will never play for England again after this world cup

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
Baines was ****ed by Rooney's terrible positioning in both defense and attack....johnson and sterling linked up well down the right as 19yo sterling understands the game! Everytime Baines got the ball on the left he had no one to go to, Rooney needed to make runs down the line but he was just wandering in field. Rooney did put a great cross in but also missed a very good chance.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Currently the most over rated England player has to be Wellbeck, he can barely score for his club.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Rooney was class tonight. So was sterling. Discuss.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
NO! Why has it. Become 'cool' and popular to slate England players who get a lot of media attention? Beckham received the same. I for one think he is excellent and don't know why is so unpopular to say so. Tonight, he played as well as any other England player, forget how much Man Utd pay him, I Don't care! He got the assist so played his part and of course he should start on Thursday.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
NO! Why has it. Become 'cool' and popular to slate England players who get a lot of media attention? Beckham received the same. I for one think he is excellent and don't know why is so unpopular to say so. Tonight, he played as well as any other England player, forget how much Man Utd pay him, I Don't care! He got the assist so played his part and of course he should start on Thursday.

Nonsense, Yes he got an assist but that was it for a supposedly world class player. Other than that he was poor. .

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
They failed to play the system properly. Can't blame Baines, they consistently doubled up on him. Shaw or Cole would have been just as exposed. Rooney was the issue in the first half but Wellbeck was culpable second half. Gerrard was fantastic with the ball but he was on the left side of the sitting two and was therefore also partially to blame for failing to help Baines.

It's a shame, if we had nullified that I think we would have won but I guess England have always failed to adjust tactically.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What game were you watching then?

Gerrard the worse player on the pitch by a long way

think gerrard and pirlo got in each others way for most of the game ,having said that it was a pretty shit performance from the old boys..i thought Rooney was particularly non-descript for most of the game....a few decent touches but on the whole ...gash....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here