Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is reaching the Playoffs enough?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Very succinct, its just as you put it, even Shakespeare got it with his quote. To stay in Championship another year will actually cost the club more. We should go for it this season, otherwise whats the point of competing?

To late to "go for it" now. We have got to play with the squad we have. The time to decide to "go for it" was before the window closed. Good as Ulloa is, he is unlikely to provide the fire power we need as his job has got harder with his growing reputation. It really grates to think that silly-boy Barnes is likely to walk back into the team when his ban is over.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
To late to "go for it" now. We have got to play with the squad we have. The time to decide to "go for it" was before the window closed. Good as Ulloa is, he is unlikely to provide the fire power we need as his job has got harder with his growing reputation. It really grates to think that silly-boy Barnes is likely to walk back into the team when his ban is over.

I agree with your Barnes sentiments, think he owes a lot of people some decent performances and he needs to score some goals to someway make amends. Regarding going for it, I was thinking in terms of making the playoffs, which is far from certain, and then winning through to the prem. Yes it is too late to go for it in terms of automatic promotion.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I think IF we make the play-offs, I'll be reasonably content. Of course, I'd then be al fired up for the play-off semi-finals, and eating my own spleen with anxiety etc... but they are fantastic - remember the 2004 play-offs.? The drama, the fact that we played mostly shyte football in all three games, yet went up?! But that fabulous anticipation going into Withdean for the second leg v Swindon, slightly rainy early spring evening... and the drama that unfolded. Then queueing round the block for 7 hours for Final tickets at the Millennium. Then the Final itself - great day out - shit game! Great result! Iwelumo going down for the pen down in front of me, Leon Knight running up, stopping, then scoring the pen... the last 8 minutes feeling like 30... back to the pub... Fantastic.

Now, I know it doesn't always end like that, but getting into the play-offs gives you the anticipation of all that drama for another week or so... And its yet another stride forward for the Albion. I'd be happy with that as progress.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Yep, would be happy. If we go up great, if we don't no drama. Until the training ground is fully operational next season, dress it up however u like, we're not ready IMO. Won't lose any sleep if we spend another seaso in the Champ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here