Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Preston potg?

el punal

I just hope if they are going to postpone the match, they do it late Friday or before I get to the M40 on Saturday.

I hope not! Just bought train tickets for the trek up north for me and pal. Amazing to think that it will take longer from Southampton to Victoria than Euston to Preston. Oh the fun and joy of watching our boys away.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I hope the match isn't postponed. More to the point I wanted to
go to the Ribble Steam Railway while I was up there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is BG Saying the games off then? Not sure I'll be able to make the rearranged midweek :(

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
When has it been rearranged for BG?

Capture.JPG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is BG Saying the games off then? Not sure I'll be able to make the rearranged midweek :(

No I am not saying it is but to warn people thinking of going to keep an eye on the weather as all of the papers are predicting 4+ inches of snow Friday especially in the north, this COULD POSSIBLY put the game in doubt.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
No I am not saying it is but to warn people thinking of going to keep an eye on the weather as all of the papers are predicting 4+ inches of snow Friday especially in the north, this COULD POSSIBLY put the game in doubt.

Yes.
In Scotland and high northern ground.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ah so not Meridian but the papers....u've just quoted the Daily Rags headline for yesterday ....there may well be some disruption somewhere in the country, but personally taking weather advice from a rag is bottom of the list and that doesn't make the MO perfect either

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ah so not Meridian but the papers....u've just quoted the Daily Rags headline for yesterday ....there may well be some disruption somewhere in the country, but personally taking weather advice from a rag is bottom of the list and that doesn't make the MO perfect either

Both Meridian and the papers have said so and on the TV the chap at 6pm showed the map of the UK with possibility of snow stretching south of Liverpool which is south of Preston I believe, not just Scotland and the high ground. If people chose to ignore the possibility as my sons are doing, so be it that is there prerogative.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
To be fair to BG. It is looking a little dicy for Friday/Saturday, especially in the NW.

At the very least it's gonna be a cold one. Wrap up folks!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Both Meridian and the papers have said so and on the TV the chap at 6pm showed the map of the UK with possibility of snow stretching south of Liverpool which is south of Preston I believe, not just Scotland and the high ground. If people chose to ignore the possibility as my sons are doing, so be it that is there prerogative.

Like i said before BG its a guide...maybe come Thursday evening the picture will become clearer

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks a given that it's going to get colder....snow forecast but they weren't exactly confident in forecasting exactly where and how much...Wednesday evening they might be more certain....so who knows what the drive up there will be like...but nothing to suggest yet about getting stuck

Better give Liz Costa a shovel to help dig the coach out of the expected drifts on the M6 then.

Edit. If I'm on the coach I suppose I'll be expected to help her.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Better give Liz Costa a shovel to help dig the coach out of the expected drifts on the M6 then.

Edit. If I'm on the coach I suppose I'll be expected to help her.

Help her? Liz is- whatever some people like to say- Albion ROYALTY. You should be the first one off the coach with a shovel, and laying your coat across icy patches in front of her if it comes to it :)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Forecast seems to be detoriating by the hour !! I'm guessing I won't be able to get the 75 quid train ticket money back if this is postponed.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Liverpool is north of Preston. Nevertheless a weather warning for snow is now up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here