• Yes, you can tell

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No you are just paranoid

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't doubt that there is a betting culture in football. Rich, young men with plenty of time on their hands and a low boredom threshold and made easier now when it can be done just by touching the screen on their smart phone. Several high profile footballers have had gambling addictions. That said, I still think there would not be many high profile players who would be willing to fix a match in order to make a killing on a bet. They would just stand to lose too much if caught.

You'd like to think so, for sure. But there's some dodgy characters involved in the running of Premier League clubs nowadays. Wouldn't take a giant leap in imagination to imagine circumstances where undue pressure could be exerted on a player or group of players to perform in a particular way during a particular game.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I feel the PL is closely monitored and always
in the public eye. Fixing is very difficult under those implications. Everyone knows the story in Italy, everyone knew what was going on. And Italy is arguably much easier to fix games in. I can't realistically see English clubs taking the same risk.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Not fixed but the longer the same few teams qualify for the Champions League the worse the financial differential will get.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Watford 0 Yeovil 3

Watford director once banned from the Italian League for match fixing....just saying?
L

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Watford 0 Yeovil 3

Watford director once banned from the Italian League for match fixing....just saying?
L

If Gianfranco Zola wasn't such a nice bloke who was a top class footballer, surely people would be calling for his head by now. Don't think they have the right blend of players to take them to the next level and their form at Vicarage Road has been appalling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here