is poyet mainly gonna be a SUIT WEARER then?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he best be in a suit, otherwise we will be shit. Our last succesful manager wore asuit on the touchline. Since then its all been about tracksuits and now we find ourselves 19th in Division 3

Suit, no tie, cufflinks = BOOOOOOM

though his jacket was a little on the large side, needs to be more TAILORED

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+c34gLoTB23bl.jpg
Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+NXCtDfR_wpUl.jpg

This is exactly how a manager and coach should look, boss in a sharp suit, coach in a tracky.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gus is a DREAMBOAT and well FIT.

I heart Gus - he's the man for me.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

My missus fancies Morris. She said he looks HARD.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hereby wish to tender my resignation from the committee.

I have arrived at this reluctant decision following my ill-considered suggestions of John Barnes and Graeme Souness as members of this gentlemans club. The remarks of the other committee members have been most gracious in that I have not been subject to ridicule or abuse. For this, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the right honourable gentlemen, who have conducted themselves with class and decorum throughout, which of course has always been a hallmark of NSC.

Nevertheless, it has inevitably called into question my judgement on such matters. I am disappointed to have wasted the time of such an esteemed group of committee members with superflous suggestions, and therefore feel it appropriate to resign my position and take some time to reflect on my decision-making processes and their flaws.

I remain your faithful and obedient servant,

E.10.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ginola YES, Rijkaard YES

Note to Frank Rijkaard - we take a dim view of gobbing in people's hair in this establishment. Not to suggest that your spat with Voeller wasn't superb entertainment, but we'll have none of that in the smoking room if you please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what about this fella?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 124

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Easy 10 - you can take that ill-conceived letter and throw it in the bin where it belongs. With any new club there will be teething problems in agreeing the calibre and potential members that do and do not fit in.

If this had happened some years into your tenure I would look into this at a more granular levevl. As it stands I would ask you to re-consider.

Your involvement in a number of areas will be critical - from approparite food to be served, cocktails to be poured and evening entertainment to be provided.

I look forward to your continued support at club Gus.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just point out that you seem to be letting people in solely because they're foreign male eye-candy? - You're like a load of Essex girls chasing the waiters in Benidorm. There's a lot more to being sharp and sophisticated than simply wearing an open-necked shirt and being darkly good-looking.

And I STILL don't see what's wrong with a fedora and a cravat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dear Mr Trousers,

Thank you for your kind remarks, in truth I expected nothing less from a man of your standing.
Should the remaining members see fit, then I would of course be delighted to remain on the committee, perhaps initially in a non-executive advisory capacity. I have some radical ideas for some exciting and unusual caberet acts, whom I am confident would amuse and delight the sophisticated clientel at Club Gus. One in particular involving some smoke, a balloon, an angry wasp trapped in a cigar tube and a small egg whisk truley has to be seen to be believed.

I look forward to discussing this and other ideas at the next committee meeting.
Your trusted servant,

E. 10

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a lot more to being sharp and sophisticated than simply wearing an open-necked shirt and being darkly good-looking.

Well, I get by on just the two.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can I just point out that you seem to be letting people in solely because they're foreign male eye-candy? - You're like a load of Essex girls chasing the waiters in Benidorm. There's a lot more to being sharp and sophisticated than simply wearing an open-necked shirt and being darkly good-looking.

And I STILL don't see what's wrong with a fedora and a cravat.

Does Club Gus have any British members (apart from Hodgson's off-peak membership)? The whole footballing establishment can't be shell-suited pissheads surely?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Astute in a suit.

Tacky in a trackie.

Is that basically what peeps are saying here ?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
ALERT!!!

We need a committe here at Club Gus....I would like to invite Simster, Easy 10 to join me - however this is a Club run by the people for the people.....as long as we approve of the people.

So please can we have some nominations and seconders (Spelling!) for a Committe.

The positions we need to fill:

Chairman
President
Membership Secretary
Subscription Secretary
PA to the Committe - rebecca has filled this position on an ad-hoc basis but is unable to commit to full time now the club is formally open.

Any other suggestions as to positions that should be available?

Does this need a new thread to ensure all NSC people have the chance to propose themselves and stand for election?

Could I nominate Ernest's alter-ego. I can't recall his name, but he always had advice on how to look 'dandy' on away trips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports