Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Poyet going to be Albions Wenger?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Think that's the way most sensible clubs will be going, Well those who aren't already. No point in training kids up to play one way & then having the 1st team playing a completely different way.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
How lucky are we to have these two helping to develop proper football!!?

:bowdown:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd be happy if he was our Wenger, but could sign a title-winning defender and wouldn't be on the end of the same barage of paedo-name-calling the Professor has to put up with.
With success he'll be on his way after a couple of years, and i wouldn't blame him. Ideally his rise will be slow and the bedding he lays will be fruitful for us and prickly for rivals. Then he disappears, we weep, and all move on to an unknown future.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
youth set up

I was told that TB is going to buy a piece of land off the Bunn family at hickstead and turn it into a new training ground and youth development center . Hope they do as current facilities are piss poor and the coaching system is stayed and tired we are loosing all our tallented boys to london clubs because many parents dont have faith in current set up.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
20 million is the figure Tony wants to spend !!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell, I hope this is accurate. We might end up with somethng similar to Tottenham's new facility.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Harsh. When Wilkins was in charge we would often play different formations, and in the same match. The players were able to do that.

shame they just werent very good really

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In many respects I agree, but I think it would have to be a real big club i.e. Spurs or some a bit lower like West Ham. I don't necessarily think he would go to some lower like a Wigan or a Wolves, but I could be wrong everyone has their price.

I'm thinking that the positive aspect as regards the Albion is that Poyet would have to show some evidence of achievement here first, which translates into a promotion or near-promotion or a season-changing cup run. I'm sure we'll have him for the season now, but I'm equally sure we won't have him for the duration of his contract or anywhere near.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was told that TB is going to buy a piece of land off the Bunn family at hickstead and turn it into a new training ground and youth development center . Hope they do as current facilities are piss poor and the coaching system is stayed and tired we are loosing all our tallented boys to london clubs because many parents dont have faith in current set up.

I dont think we lose players to 'London Clubs' due to a lack of faith in our system.

A few talented boys left for Premier League Academies, but more due to the opportunity of being part of a club with a greater status and the belief that it might improve them more.

But none have left to go to the Brentford, Orients or QPR's.

I still think it is a tough call at the age of 11 if Chelsea come knocking, no matter what Gus does with our Centre of Excellence.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
It's been interesting the read and hear about why the signing off the contract took longer than we expected. It seems the issues revolved around Gus's involvement in the club particularly with the youth set up where as he stated he wants to "help Hinsh out".

Along with the creation of a development squad opposed to a reserve team it occurs to me Gus wants to create an environment whereby the practises used for the first team will be used at all levels similar to how Wenger runs Arsenal.

Be interested to hear your thoughts.

my source who works for the club told me that the reason why poyets contract took so long to sign was due to compensation we would pay him if we sacked him!

There is a myth among Albion supporters that we have been paying compo to previous managers for years, this is wrong.

The club do NOT pay hefty compensation packages to ex managers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here