[Albion] Is Potter 1 game away from being sacked?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Potter be sacked if we don’t beat Norwich?

• Don’t be silly he is doing alright

Votes: 206 84.4%
  • 7 games without a win - sack him

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Interesting timing this thread being bounced now as I've just read Naylor's article in The Athletic about how we've turned things round and managed to get better despite selling Bissouma, Cucurella and Maupay.

A week after this Norwich game we played Arsenal where in my, and Naylor's opinion in this article, things totally changed for us. Caicedo made his debut and we played Trossard at LWB for the first time. We played the fluid 3-4-2-1 ish formation that has worked so well for us ever since with Welbeck up front on his own and supported him with Gross, Mac Allister and Mwepu supporting us from midfield. We really hit on something that day. We freshened things up as we were looking undoubtedly stale before the Arsenal game and it just clicked between the players on the pitch.

Obviously Caicedo has been massive for us but IMO moving Mac Allister deeper and playing Trossard at LWB have been even bigger factors - I firmly believe they're both playing in their best positions. Another massive factor for me is Welbeck being trusted to play up front on his own, something he has never really done due to tactics or injury but again he is really suited to it.

I think we will look back on that Arsenal game as being a huge moment in progression.

I got tickets for Arsenal, Tottenham and Wolves away last season within a few days of each other and was expecting to see no points out of them and we needed up with nine points.

In defence of some Potter critics, we were a better team away from home last year so if you purely watched games at home it wasn't quite so good.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Interesting timing this thread being bounced now as I've just read Naylor's article in The Athletic about how we've turned things round and managed to get better despite selling Bissouma, Cucurella and Maupay.

A week after this Norwich game we played Arsenal where in my, and Naylor's opinion in this article, things totally changed for us. Caicedo made his debut and we played Trossard at LWB for the first time. We played the fluid 3-4-2-1 ish formation that has worked so well for us ever since with Welbeck up front on his own and supported him with Gross, Mac Allister and Mwepu supporting us from midfield. We really hit on something that day. We freshened things up as we were looking undoubtedly stale before the Arsenal game and it just clicked between the players on the pitch.

Obviously Caicedo has been massive for us but IMO moving Mac Allister deeper and playing Trossard at LWB have been even bigger factors - I firmly believe they're both playing in their best positions. Another massive factor for me is Welbeck being trusted to play up front on his own, something he has never really done due to tactics or injury but again he is really suited to it.

I think we will look back on that Arsenal game as being a huge moment in progression.

Agree with all of that, although for an hour yesterday Trossard was very quiet, and his defending was average at best - the Leicester wing back (Justin?) was unmarked so often... Trossard seemed to instantly improve once he knew he was just abut to be substituted....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You do realise that at the average distance between earth and Uranus, half way is about 1.25 light HOURS away?

Yes, yes.

You do realize that an hour is an hour.PNG years?

It takes more than so-called facts to undermine a weak joke ???

:wink:

Attachments

• an hour.PNG
    an hour.PNG
    607 bytes · Views: 181

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Agree with all of that, although for an hour yesterday Trossard was very quiet, and his defending was average at best - the Leicester wing back (Justin?) was unmarked so often... Trossard seemed to instantly improve once he knew he was just abut to be substituted....

Quiet other than the assist for March... I do think that left side is weaker, but conversely I think Trossard is better in the LWB position than as a more out-and-out attacker.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Absolutely true for me. Maupay, Duffy and Moder out, Caicedo, Mwepu and Welbeck in made a huge difference.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Come on, bouncing these threads out of context is hardly fair or even necessary.

These are heady days, we're all absolutely loving it, we're all dreaming of a European tour next season and wondering how we're going to pay to watch it if it actually happens. Why pick on a stupidly hot-headed post from two and half years ago?

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, but given the OP’s personal history and the racist ‘bantz’ he put up on social media I’m prepared to make an exception.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was March 2020 - I'm going blind :facepalm:

I genuinely thought you were being facetious for purposes of low comedy.

Now I feel sad and disappointed.

:O

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After 6 matches last season the record was W4 D1 L1

We then went on a run of 3 wins in 25 but it was still considered a very good season as results turned around again.

Perhaps shows, as anyone who has been to a Thai massage parlour will confirm , that a happy finish can make up for what happened beforehand.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After 6 matches last season the record was W4 D1 L1

We then went on a run of 3 wins in 25 but it was still considered a very good season as results turned around again.

Perhaps shows, as anyone who has been to a Thai massage parlour will confirm , that a happy finish can make up for what happened beforehand.

So same result record as this time last season, when we also played Leicester in the sixth match on a Sunday at 2pm

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

el punal

F*** me!! I’ve just been reading the earlier posts on this thread and come to the conclusion that we have have some right fickle fans on this forum. I wonder if they’ll step up to the plate and admit that their opinion was wrong or are they just going to stay schtum until we hit a bad patch and come climbing out of the woodwork - again.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
F*** me!! I’ve just been reading the earlier posts on this thread and come to the conclusion that we have have some right fickle fans on this forum. I wonder if they’ll step up to the plate and admit that their opinion was wrong or are they just going to stay schtum until we hit a bad patch and come climbing out of the woodwork - again.

I had some niggling doubts about him earlier this year ( not earlier this season ), so I'm hugely relieved that this is my one and only comment on this thread...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One game away from being poached more like :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

They've moved on to Solly March, tickets sharing, or loyalty point discussions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports