Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Potter 1 game away from being sacked?

Should Potter be sacked if we don’t beat Norwich?

• Don’t be silly he is doing alright

Votes: 206 84.4%
  • 7 games without a win - sack him

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I could honestly pick a better starting eleven, we aren’t good enough to leave the best talent on the bench and hope they do some damage second half.

Fritz the Cat

Jan 6, 2022
Here's a fact - not an opinion. If the manager of any other premier league club had lost six games in a row he would be sacked. So why is this guy still at our club ? I'm genuinely mystified.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No. And I'll state now, I am NOT a 'Potter out'. But its the worrying nature of the defeats that are now stacking up, one after the other.

Previously we've put up a fight, caused problems, looked dynamic, been solid and difficult to beat. Thats now GONE. Since half time at Old Trafford, as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] correctly states, the form of our senior players has fallen off a cliff. I don't know why. I don't know how. But we are a shadow of the team that was previously so obstinate, staying in games, hitting late goals to salvage results.

Maybe that was all luck ? I dunno. But I have literally not seen us play a decent half of football since Man U. Everything went to shit after half time that night, when Biss got mugged and Ronaldo ploughed it in. We've been flakey and crap ever since.

Agree completely with your last paragraph in particular. I started a thread about it after the Burnley defeat. We were brilliant at Old Trafford in the first half. We were also cocky though. The ball was pinged around like Brazil but without their intent to score goals. Either that failure caused a catastrophic loss of confidence or the players aren’t as good as they thought they were. I don’t believe the manager should be sacked even if we lose every game remaining this season. Rather the fans need to set realistic expectations. This is a shit and grubby league to be in if you are not a star struck, celebrity come dancing, bake off type of fan. The aim is to stay in it and keep getting the pay cheques which are in turn all passed on to the players. That’s it I’m afraid.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't recall lots of Potter outs after Burnley/Villa/Newcastle. I don't see how anyone who wasn't Potter out after the Newcastle loss (on the back of losses against burnley and villa, one win in 10, 5 losses in 6) would be Potter out now - did anyone really expect victories against liverpool and spurs? Is losing to a team in the title race and another trying to get top 4 really yourr breaking point?

Spot on.

Sure the manner of the defeats is irksome and they make it easy to point to wholesale failure, but:-

The Tracker Never Lies.

Every August I get titsy with [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] because I believe the tracker is too negative for a team who has gone through the first season wobbles of EPL survival.

Every May I'm am proven to be loud wrong.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
He’s got a brand, a style of play. Opposition managers know it and counter it. He persists because it’s his brand even though it’s not working. He won’t change. He doesn’t have the players to make a sustained effort in the EPL using this style. Tony Bloom doesn’t match the required player investment. Things are going to have to get more pragmatic from all quarters but doubt they will. Slowly but surely we’re being squeezed out of the EPL

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s got a brand, a style of play. Opposition managers know it and counter it. He persists because it’s his brand even though it’s not working. He won’t change. He doesn’t have the players to make a sustained effort in the EPL using this style. Tony Bloom doesn’t match the required player investment. Things are going to have to get more pragmatic from all quarters.

Pretty much this for me. The fact we are still starting March, Dunk, Duffy & Gross 5 years on is baffling.

Big overhaul needed in the summer but not sure if we have the appetite or spending power for it - nor if we have the direction now Ashworth is gone

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Work hard when challenging for Europe then
Maybe unconsciously mentally check out when that is no longer a possibility.

Seems straightforward to me.

Also we are generally shit until spring.

I think the break is needed.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Maybe not but 3 home wins all season 12 since he’s been here more about his record than just last 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. His record is actually very poor and not too different from CH. some people opinions on him are overly inflated simply because pep and klopp spoke him up a bit. It means nothing.

Del of Albion

Jul 15, 2009
East Sussex
Pretty much this for me. The fact we are still starting March, Dunk, Duffy & Gross 5 years on is baffling.

Big overhaul needed in the summer but not sure if we have the appetite or spending power for it - nor if we have the direction now Ashworth is gone

Did Ashworth see this coming hence jumping ship?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If they dont beat Norwich can see crowd turning. What a good decision by club to get renewals in March

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not a chance he is sacked. 6 losses is bad but 3 of them are against Liverpool, Spurs, & United.

2 of those teams are/have recently been, in dissaray, and there for the taking.

Potters record isn't very good, his home record is an embarassment.

we were more enjoyable to watch in the mid 90's, at least we tried and won a few games.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2 of those teams are/have recently been, in dissaray, and there for the taking.

Potters record isn't very good, his home record is an embarassment.

we were more enjoyable to watch in the mid 90's, at least we tried and won a few games.

Oh yes, those glory days of Div 2 1995/96 at home, P23 W6 D7 L10, relegated. What fun. :rolleyes:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Oh yes, those glory days of Div 2 1995/96 at home, P23 W6 D7 L10, relegated. What fun. :rolleyes:

Won six at home. Just checked and we also scored 29 goals at home that season!

Sounds more entertaining than Brighton Nil rolling over and getting our bellies tickled from 20 mins as has been happened quite consistently at home since Xmas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not sure Ashworths remit had really anything to do with day to day running of the first team squad (training and tactics) and was recruitment.

These are the same players except Burn

True. But when see key staff like Morley and Ashworth leave, as well as key players who are not replaced, it must affect moral.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No he’s not and he shouldn’t be.

He needs backing in the summer. We’ve been incredibly complacement in our recruitment for the last 2 seasons really and this squad needs a big refresh in the sunmer.

I wouldn't say complacent, I'd say we've got our priorities wrong. Buying for tomorrow is important, but not if you are empty today.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Here's a fact - not an opinion. If the manager of any other premier league club had lost six games in a row he would be sacked. So why is this guy still at our club ? I'm genuinely mystified.

Well Norwich have lost 7 games in a row and not sacked their manager. So despite your claim it is not a fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here