Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is PIG as good as we thought?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Apart from being a good shot stopper he has nothing else to his game. Not the best at coming for crosses and kicks like hes never kicked a ball before. This is not a "drop him" thread. Just an observation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's very much still in credit.

I doubt the same could have been said of either of the back-ups.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not today by the sound of it, but still the best we have in my view

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
He IS the best we - or most other championship clubs - have got (I can only think of Steele, Bogdan and Butland as better), but I don't suppose a spell out would do him any harm - a chance for him to recharge and also a chance to prove that he's not indispensable. Casper hasn't let himself down when given the opportunity this season, and I don't think think he would if he got a prolonged chance. Football is becoming more and more a squad game, and it might be time to shuffle the pack, albeit for a short time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So others are noticing too now are they? Interesting, after the reaction I got when suggesting we were blind to his flaws.

Knee jerk thread tonight though, as mine was after Watford. We have a very good Championship goalkeeper and certainly not a weakness of any kind in the team.

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
He IS the best we - or most other championship clubs - have got (I can only think of Steele, Bogdan and Butland as better), but I don't suppose a spell out would do him any harm - a chance for him to recharge and also a chance to prove that he's not indispensable. Casper hasn't let himself down when given the opportunity this season, and I don't think think he would if he got a prolonged chance. Football is becoming more and more a squad game, and it might be time to shuffle the pack, albeit for a short time.

No way! The last thing we want right now is to give him a rest! As said previously, he is in a different class to the other 2 keepers. And I would suggest that Casper did let us down against arsenal - for the winning goal. Having made a few good saves (no-one ever really doubted his shot-stopping), he failed yet again when it came to a fairly standard cross into the box. Sounds like PIG made a mistake today but he is 100% better usually in this area of the game.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Well Casper made a mistake against Arsenal

We 'shuffled the pack' last week didn't we

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
Apart from being a good shot stopper he has nothing else to his game. Not the best at coming for crosses and kicks like hes never kicked a ball before. This is not a "drop him" thread. Just an observation.

And a very poor observation at that.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well Casper made a mistake against Arsenal

We 'shuffled the pack' last week didn't we

True, but Hull don't have Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott and Podolski to batter the f*** out of our defence!!! Let's be honest - last weeks outfit were different gravy to the sort of thing we have to deal with week in, week out.

Even if it was just for one game, I think we're fortunate in that right now we have a squad where, with few exceptions, no one is guaranteed a starting place (other than, quite rightly, Bridders, and obviously Gus's lovechild!!).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ankergren shipped 3 goals in 5 matches last season, Kuszczak has shipped 3 goals, 4 times including today, so seems about evens to me.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
True, but Hull don't have Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott and Podolski to batter the f*** out of our defence!!! Let's be honest - last weeks outfit were different gravy to the sort of thing we have to deal with week in, week out.

Even if it was just for one game, I think we're fortunate in that right now we have a squad where, with few exceptions, no one is guaranteed a starting place (other than, quite rightly, Bridders, and obviously Gus's lovechild!!).

But Hull do have the ability to cross the ball and that is all you need to do with Casper because he can't catch a cold! P I G may have had a dodgy game but he is by far the best we have and it would do no good to anyone to drop him. Overall he has been fantastic this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here