Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Orlandi still warming up? Vicente

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Last night showed that Vicente is not quite match-fit but this wasn't helped by the rest of the team giving him the ball when ever he's near them.The other players need to get on with playing and not keep thinking 'there's Vicente, give it to him',also the role he's being asked to play is not the role he had at Valencia where he was the left side of their attack, a position KLL has in our team who last night was very poor with his final pass, when the most dangerous cross from the left came from Vicente and should have ended in a goal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Orlandi made little impact away to Forest, looked a bit bullied and I thought he did look a little fatigued as well. I was therefore unsurprised to see him rested last night for the Charlton game. Gus needs to utilise his squad, and I was happy with the line up at the start.

To be honest, we did enough to win the game. Vicente's cross to the far post to Buckley should have been 1 nil, 3 points, thank you very much. Thought Vicente linked up well with the wingers, especially LuaLua, but we didn't get enough bodies in the box. We seemed to be working it well out wide, but just lacking someone hanging around the D ready to strike one back in.

Difficult when a team parks the bus though. I thought Charlton had pressed high up the pitch first half and showed some ambition, but after the break they just defended. At the end they got a fair slice of luck when we had one shot deflected up onto the bar from a ridiculous ricochet of someones head, then hit the post from the corner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty sad the way people cling on to a silly stat re: Vicente. I don't think we overly did the whole 'give Vicente the ball' stuff last night, he only gave the ball away a couple of times, the rest of the time he gave it to KLL to blast over the bar, over hit the cross, or run into a dead end.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
stripped off and ready to come on from around 70 mins

anyone else think Vicente spoils our rhythm and style of play?

I don't think its Vicente's fault, but the game plan and strategy set by the manager. I have seen it every time he plays, there is a 'get the ball to Vicente' at all costs mentality, this comes directly from the manager and is easily read by the opposition. This slows moves down stifles creativity and opportunites for others on the pitch. The biggest loser for the team is that with Vicente on the pitch, the manager seems to ignore the talents of Dave who is the difference for us in terms of supplying Ulloa and setting others free. Don't blame Vicente, ask questions of the manager, he appears at times, to be unable to move his strategy and adapt to conditions.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think its Vicente's fault, but the game plan and strategy set by the manager. I have seen it every time he plays, there is a 'get the ball to Vicente' at all costs mentality, this comes directly from the manager and is easily read by the opposition. This slows moves down stifles creativity and opportunites for others on the pitch. The biggest loser for the team is that with Vicente on the pitch, the manager seems to ignore the talents of Dave who is the difference for us in terms of supplying Ulloa and setting others free. Don't blame Vicente, ask questions of the manager, he appears at times, to be unable to move his strategy and adapt to conditions.

personally i dont think we displayed tht attitude of get the ball to Vicente at all costs....he certainly didnt gel with dave they both wanted to occupy the same space

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Play Vicente on the left instead of Lua Lua and bring him on after 75 mins ..........Lua Lua looks good but cant cross or shoot,15 mins as impact after Vicente has run them ragged.
Left winger is Vicentes's natural position and he was going wide last night and it was a bit crowded which hindered Dave.....total no brainer i think.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I think Orlandi should be in the starting line up. Vicente has great skills but something with his game is lacking. Last night a few times he seemed to be in a world of his own as if not part of the team? The few moves he did make were great but he lacked passion and drive.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We are a much more balanced side with Orlandi in it and Vicente on bench. As crazy as it may sound, Vicente should not start another game. The reason for this is very simple. Great as he maybe, because he has been such a rare starter it disrupts the balance of the side when he starts. I'm sure this would not be the case if he played week in week out, but he doesn't and can't be relied on to do so. There for starting him actually weakens us as a unit. Should be used as a game changer, on 60 mins if needed, or as and when needed to change the pattern of a game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are a much more balanced side with Orlandi in it and Vicente on bench. As crazy as it may sound, Vicente should not start another game. The reason for this is very simple. Great as he maybe, because he has been such a rare starter it disrupts the balance of the side when he starts. I'm sure this would not be the case if he played week in week out, but he doesn't and can't be relied on to do so. There for starting him actually weakens us as a unit. Should be used as a game changer, on 60 mins if needed, or as and when needed to change the pattern of a game.

I can see your reasoning there and it seems a fair argument to me

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Would agree with this 100% , in fact it mirrors the chat i had with my season ticket neighbor in the upper east last night .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here