Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Mitoma our most skillful player ever?

venkuk

May 15, 2023
I've been a fan for almost 40 years. My grandad used to be chairman back in the 60's, so it was a never an option to support another team. It's a truly amazing time to be a supporter. I remember the days when I used to get excited when we signed players like Zeke Rowe or Mark Flatts on loan. Now we have the privilege to watch some amazing players every week. Now I'm not saying Mitoma is our best ever player, I think that honour should go to Lewis Dunk. But, I cant remember a player who attacks with such pace and skill. I wasn't lucky enough to see some of the greats of yesteryear who played for us but I think Kaoru may well be the best I've seen.

It still seems weird to see us sitting so far up the league but it has an absolute joy to see how far this club has come from the dark days. We are very lucky to have such an amazing chairman. UTA!!!

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Great player but for me not the most skillful. Not to say he's not skilled but Mitomas success is built on speed/accelaration and change of direction (a type of skill). Bissouma for example I would rate as a more skillful if we are talking technical ability with a ball

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I wouldn't have him down as the most skilful player in our current squad, I think both Pedro and Enciso could be considered more 'flair'. He is of course still absolute mustard though!

venkuk

May 15, 2023
Vicente was a legend but can we say that he had more of an impact than Mitoma??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure how to define skillful but, for me, he’s certainly the best winger we’ve had in my time.

venkuk

May 15, 2023
Maybe most skillful was the wrong choice of words. Should of said best attacking player.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I've been a fan for almost 40 years. My grandad used to be chairman back in the 60's, so it was a never an option to support another team. It's a truly amazing time to be a supporter. I remember the days when I used to get excited when we signed players like Zeke Rowe or Mark Flatts on loan. Now we have the privilege to watch some amazing players every week. Now I'm not saying Mitoma is our best ever player, I think that honour should go to Lewis Dunk. But, I cant remember a player who attacks with such pace and skill. I wasn't lucky enough to see some of the greats of yesteryear who played for us but I think Kaoru may well be the best I've seen.

It still seems weird to see us sitting so far up the league but it has an absolute joy to see how far this club has come from the dark days. We are very lucky to have such an amazing chairman. UTA!!!
Wow! Who was your grandfather?

Jimmy Grimble

The best attacker in 1v1 wide situations without a doubt given the level he’s doing it at.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Enciso is allegedly the most skillful, some of the stuff he pulls off in training in ridiculous I've heard. Mitomas skill isn't flair or all that difficult to do, it's so simple but he does it so well and consistently its hard to stop

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Vicente was a legend but can we say that he had more of an impact than Mitoma??
Obviously not. Vicente was past his best when he was with us, but he still had some skills. Signing Vicente was also pretty amazing given the position we were in at the time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The most devastating wingers we've had in the 40 years I've been watching, RELATIVE TO THE LEVEL WE WERE PLAYING AT were probably Buckley and Knockaert (in the Championship).

Big mentions though, for Penney, Lualua and Bennett (in League One) and of course Kaoru Mitoma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here