Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Maty Ryan better off with Real Sociedad (currently 5th in La Liga)?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Maty Ryan was superb for us, signed by CH because of his fantastic shotstopping ability and his incredible reflexes. I'm delighted we signed him and feel he played an imeasurable part in us remaining in the Premier League for three seasons.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The borderline hatred some on here have for Maty Ryan is truly baffling, and not a little unpleasant.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mary Ryan was superb for us, signed by CH because of his fantastic shotstopping ability and his incredible reflexes. I'm delighted we signed him and feel he played an imeasurable part in us remaining in the Premier League for three seasons.

Mary Ryan now plays for the Albion ladies team, don't you know :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
From my understanding they were "supposed" to sell Remiro last summer with Ryan as the replacement. The sale didnt happen though so not a great situation for him. Maybe he will be their no 1 next season?
Zero competition in the Australian national team so at least he doesnt need to worry about that regardless of how little he plays in his club.

Not even on the bench last night, which explains their clean sheet.

Felt sick just before the game (he was supposed to be on the bench) apparently.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I never got the hate for him, he was good, but he was dropped because he wasn't good enough, and then we moved on. We got the better keeper and Maty served us really well, he also seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I never got the hate for him, he was good, but he was dropped because he wasn't good enough, and then we moved on. We got the better keeper and Maty served us really well, he also seemed like a thoroughly nice bloke.

Exactly. In that respect he's no different to Dale Stephens, and yet I rarely see any opinion expressed about him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think it warrants its own thread but did anyone think that Sanchez could have done better with Chelsea’s goal the other night ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
From my understanding they were "supposed" to sell Remiro last summer with Ryan as the replacement. The sale didnt happen though so not a great situation for him. Maybe he will be their no 1 next season?
Zero competition in the Australian national team so at least he doesnt need to worry about that regardless of how little he plays in his club.

Felt sick just before the game (he was supposed to be on the bench) apparently.
Throwing his toys out of the pram again I wonder after only being named on the bench for a cup game.....

A top Aussie soccer club like waratah warriors beckons....

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Most definately l do, no goalkeeper should be beaten at their near post in the way that he was. I can only think, in his defence, that perhaps he didn't expect the shot, or that the ball took a slight nick of someone on it's way in. But a disappointing goal for him to concede nonetheless.

It took a slight deflection and I wonder if that made it bounce slightly earlier than Sanchez expected. He got his hand to the ball but made contact well below the epicentre so couldn't deflect it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here