Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Sanchez have saved that?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Twas a flap for the OG, no denying it. But overall I think he's done really well. If there were a competent set of officials in place (big ask, obvs) then he'd have had a superb assist for the Trossard 'goal'.

The OG was unfortunate, but the ball does take a deflection which actually takes it closer to him, which made it more challenging. Should have definitely done better though.

One additional question for me on that goal was Solly’s role in letting the player come inside. Similarly, although Burn was unlucky, given he was on the right post set-piece, who was supposed to be covering the left side where he would/should have been? Surely, they practice rotation during the week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A shot gets rifled at you from 12 yards and takes a deflection and you save it . . . Unfortunately it deflects of a defender and goes in. Bad luck.

I don't suppose there are many keepers on the planet who would have caught it even if it hadn't taken a deflection. You'd never try and punch a shot at you like that, an open hand is twice the size.

All three of our goals conceded today were down to poor defending.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A shot gets rifled at you from 12 yards and takes a deflection and you save it . . . Unfortunately it deflects of a defender and goes in. Bad luck.

I don't suppose there are many keepers on the planet who would have caught it even if it hadn't taken a deflection. You'd never try and punch a shot at you like that, an open hand is twice the size.

All three of our goals conceded today were down to poor defending.

Yup. Almost all goals in football are scored from defensive mistakes.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The OG was unfortunate, but the ball does take a deflection which actually takes it closer to him, which made it more challenging. Should have definitely done better though.

One additional question for me on that goal was Solly’s role in letting the player come inside. Similarly, although Burn was unlucky, given he was on the right post set-piece, who was supposed to be covering the left side where he would/should have been? Surely, they practice rotation during the week?

I think your second point raises another issue all by itself.
We’re questioning whether our utility LW,LWB should have properly defended the cross which was deflected towards our u23 keeper (until very recently) who parried it into our out of form and out of position centre back ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

My feed laid much of the blame on Bissouma.
Sure March didn't close him down and put the fella on his weaker foot, exactly the same as the Arsenal goal conceded in that one glorious home WIN.
But Bis was in no man's and stayed there.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
.....or the 4 statues in the box that gave Lacazette enough time and space to roll a fag before he shot. Dunk and Webster most at fault.

This - apart from the goal against Leicester I don't think Ryan was directly responsible for a goal. I don't think it would matter who we had in goal at the moment, our defensive frailties are exposed for all to see time and time again!

Decent coaches will know how to expose this and judging by our recent results, when we have frequently had more of the possession, they have!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My feed laid much of the blame on Bissouma.
Sure March didn't close him down and put the fella on his weaker foot, exactly the same as the Arsenal goal conceded in that one glorious home WIN.
But Bis was in no man's and stayed there.

Yes, just seen MOTD, very lazy by Bissouma. March still not close enough though..

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Sure Sanchez should of done better with the 2nd goal , but the whole defence , and the defensive system is awful and needs to be addressed

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I really don’t get the criticism for the 2nd the shot had power and was deflected.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think we need to loan in another experienced keeper as an option and loan Walton and sell Ryan

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’ve never actually been a fan of punching the ball out, this sort of error is always possible.

But Sanchez is still on an upward trajectory and has been class since playing in the team, so no concerns from me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Benefit of doubt as it took a deflection.

Have seen him flap and punch into play couple times now.

Hope its not a touch of the ankergrens

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Okay, this thread is in direct response to one which originally had the same title regarding Maty Ryan and him being beaten for 25 yards out down to his bottom left away to Spurs. That thread title finally got changed because every game it would be bounced and some posters would think that the original post was about that days game.

It’s a bit petty to start a thread about Sanchez like this in my opinion. Of which of the goals which he has conceded so far should he have saved?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s a bit petty to start a thread about Sanchez like this in my opinion. Of which of the goals which he has conceded so far should he have saved?

100% correct. Disgraceful to an honest young player starting his career. Ditto the nasty thread started about Connolly the other week.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Sanchez is a little bit arrogant at the moment, he needs to focus on the basics. March dangled a leg at the ball but the deflection wasn't as bad as Sanchez expected, he could have reacted better and caught it rather than slapping it. It was an error, but it's also very unlucky. He's well in credit based on his performances to date and he looks commanding, confident and inexperienced. Two out of three are good, the other is inevitable!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Okay, this thread is in direct response to one which originally had the same title regarding Maty Ryan and him being beaten for 25 yards out down to his bottom left away to Spurs. That thread title finally got changed because every game it would be bounced and some posters would think that the original post was about that days game.

This thread is definitely tongue in cheek (possibly petty) but it does show the hypocrisy of some of the posters who were slating Ryan at every opportunity but don't want to scrutinize Sanchez in the same manner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread is definitely tongue in cheek (possibly petty) but it does show the hypocrisy of some of the posters who were slating Ryan at every opportunity but don't want to scrutinize Sanchez in the same manner.

Ridiculous isn't it.

All the pathetic two-facedness of it does, for me, is assume all their other opinions are equally shallow and pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here