Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Sanchez have saved that?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Maybe the OP (I don't care what nationality he is) felt that Ryan, a great team performer for a couple of seasons, was treated without much respect by some on NSC. I don't conclude that the OP is anti- Sanchez.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He peeled off, but if Burn isn't so flat-footed or makes a foul for the team it never happens.

Arguably, (and this isn't a pop at Potter), if White had played DM he might have been in that area. We had enough midfielders on the pitch tonight, it's not like one of them couldn't have tracked the run a bit better.

White....like he ‘might’ have not stood still and watched the WHU player trot past him to score on Sunday [emoji2369]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It was a very well taken shot from a very quick break no one to blame our problem as always is we don't turn chances into goals

As a positive I thought Bissouma and Propper worked well together and gave our midfield more bite

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Maybe the OP (I don't care what nationality he is) felt that Ryan, a great team performer for a couple of seasons, was treated without much respect by some on NSC. I don't conclude that the OP is anti- Sanchez.

Yup. I actually really like Sanchez. Just proving a point that we didn’t treat Ryan very fairly considering nothing has changed since he’s been dropped.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had no chance with the goal. Instead of trying to find fault why don’t you actually give him credit for the outstanding save earlier in the second half?

There are some fans who will never be even vaguely enthusiastic about him, let alone praise him, because they will be well upset if we don't go out and spend £20M on another keeper in January (they're entitled, you know :wink:)
He's already made at least one point saving save for us which I don't think Ryan (and I'm not having a dig at Ryan here- he's done well for us) would have got to, not on his form this season anyway. He's done enough in plenty to keep his place for me.

D

Deleted member 2719

.....or the 4 statues in the box that gave Lacazette enough time and space to roll a fag before he shot. Dunk and Webster most at fault.

Unfortunately the lads were ball watching, I have seen forwards drop deep to pick up the pass and give themselves more space, this to me is so easy to defend, one eye on the ball one eye on the player.
It should never happen, I hope Potter drums it into them, as they had that goal handed to them on a plate.
That said we missed the opportunities again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s only fair we treat our goalkeepers with equal respect by asking the same questions about them.

Sanchez beaten at his near post. Should he have saved that?

Fair would be picking on a goal that had a smidgeon of a chance in being saved...that goal doesn’t qualify ...I think you have my answer

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Webster's job

Webster's job, as has been pointed out many times, is to bring the ball out of defence in a way that Duffy could never learn or do. He is an outstanding player and our best defender, week in and week out. No way should he have picked up Lacazette.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No. Lacazette had all the time in the world to choose where he wanted to put the ball and apply the necessary pace....which he executed perfectly. You can’t blame Sanchez for not getting the better of the striker.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There are some fans who will never be even vaguely enthusiastic about him, let alone praise him, because they will be well upset if we don't go out and spend £20M on another keeper in January (they're entitled, you know :wink:)
He's already made at least one point saving save for us which I don't think Ryan (and I'm not having a dig at Ryan here- he's done well for us) would have got to, not on his form this season anyway. He's done enough in plenty to keep his place for me.

There are also fans who hate our keepers full stop, its happenned for years, Ryan, Stockdale, etc etc going back to Henderson and before. Its a NSC thing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are also fans who hate our keepers full stop, its happenned for years, Ryan, Stockdale, etc etc going back to Henderson and before. Its a NSC thing.
Really? Gill, Hollins, Powney, Roberts, Corrigan, Digweed, Steele (Eric), Moseley, Kuipers and a few others. All of them? Really?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Webster's job, as has been pointed out many times, is to bring the ball out of defence in a way that Duffy could never learn or do. He is an outstanding player and our best defender, week in and week out. No way should he have picked up Lacazette.
My brief observation was not intended to be generally critical of Webster who is blossoming in to a very positive addition to the squad. Once Dunk had gone short to cover the cross Webster should have come across to help and chose not to. He was looking in the right direction and had Veltman behind him so could cover from where he was.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
More the question why didn’t Dunk or Webster close Lacazette down quicker before he got the shot off?

Why wasn't someone tracking Lacazette?

Surely if we have 3 at the back one of them should be marking their top scorer?

We seemed to have three stood in a line in front of goal instead of marking the player. Same thing last week?

I don't get it.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Really good finish, but should never had got the ball in the first place i felt (Saka taken down for a yellow, defenders picking up attacker etc.)

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
No chance. Burn went tight near half way. Got beaten for pace. Still plenty of chance of sorting it out. Everyone went into panic mode, dropped deep & forgot about picking up lacazette - who superbly finished

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here