Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it too early to start thinking we're going up?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We should now be focussing on Newcastle and Huddersfield. Leeds are falling too far back and shouldn't be able to catch us now

It's interesting to look at the upcoming fixtures because they show that the run-in is very different fur the top 3

Games left against teams in top 6:
Newcastle: 4 away 1 home - that's tough!
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away - that's easier!

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Maybe Newcastle will slip up?

I would love us to go up with Huddersfield and leave Newcastle to the playoffs

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We should now be focussing on Newcastle and Huddersfield. Leeds are falling too far back and shouldn't be able to catch us now

I thought it was only Rotherham who couldn't catch us now!

Anyway, I think Huddersfield are without a doubt the biggest threat now - with the form they're in you just can't see them dropping any points. So perhaps we now have to hope it's Newcastle who bugger it up! Sorry Toon, quite like you, but it's a dog eat dog world out there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There really isn't any cause for concern, the only team to close on us in the top six over the past ten games is Huddersfield, and that by only three. Be another 20 before they overhauled us on that stat.

last-ten-120217.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There really isn't any cause for concern, the only team to close on us in the top six over the past ten games is Huddersfield, and that by only three. Be another 20 before they overhauled us on that stat.

View attachment 82103

Just shows how meaningless stats are then. Because Huddersfield could also draw level on points in 2 games and go ahead of us after 3.:shrug:

I am certainly taking NOTHING for granted and am a less confident than I was a few weeks ago. Huddersfield have great momentum - just at the time of the season when it is required.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Just shows how meaningless stats are then. Because Huddersfield could also draw level on points in 2 games and go ahead of us after 3.:shrug:

I am certainly taking NOTHING for granted and am a less confident than I was a few weeks ago. Huddersfield have great momentum - just at the time of the season when it is required.

4 on the bounce, they won't keep that going.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I thought it was only Rotherham who couldn't catch us now!

Anyway, I think Huddersfield are without a doubt the biggest threat now - with the form they're in you just can't see them dropping any points. So perhaps we now have to hope it's Newcastle who bugger it up! Sorry Toon, quite like you, but it's a dog eat dog world out there.

Hopefully an attritional FA cup 5th round will take something out of Huddersfield ??? They are the in form team at the moment for sure

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I hope you're right - although there does seem to be a great spirit in that squad. And of course, to overhaul us means we need to be losing - and similarly, we have a great spirit too. I think we will keep grinding out the wins and ticking off the fixtures.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I hope you're right - although there does seem to be a great spirit in that squad. And of course, to overhaul us means we need to be losing - and similarly, we have a great spirit too. I think we will keep grinding out the wins and ticking off the fixtures.

Glass half full my friend :smile:

Crapping myself as much as the next man, but as good as Huddersfield will be feeling right now they are still 6 points behind us, I know who I'd rather be. And there is every chance in a few games time it is Newcastle being overhauled and not us. I just can't see Town throwing together an unbelievable run of wins, they will slip up somewhere. Perhaps after Man City have given them a masterclass and dumped their arses back to earth. As for our form, over the season we are averaging 2.13pts per game, in the last ten it is 2.2pts per game, so we're doing nothing wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yes as Reading proved yesterday, dropping unexpected points very quickly changes perspective.
They've gone from looking at top 2, to concerned about sixth placed Wednesday in the space of 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
The contest is not done yet. Still plenty to be hopeful about though. Until yesterday we had been through a really tough run of fixtures - It looks more even from now. I think if it does end up being a three horse race then the most pressure is on Newcastle. No working out how much poultry we've got but we have every reason to be optimistic

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Also worth noting we have an extra point on HTFC by the fact we have a much superior goal difference.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
It's much too early. We are in the driving seat, but Huddersfield have form and an easier fixture schedule. Most of their difficult upcoming games are at home. Given the form of both Newcastle and Huddersfield the bookies are weakening our odds on promotion and winning the title.

Don't give a toss about winning the title, top 2 will do for me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's interesting to look at the upcoming fixtures because they show that the run-in is very different fur the top 3

Games left against teams in top 6:
Newcastle: 4 away 1 home - that's tough!
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away - that's easier!

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Maybe Newcastle will slip up?

Newcastle's biggest slip up this season is losing twice to a team in the bottom three.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We are one bad week away from getting sucked into a six-team fight to go up. Huddersfield are on fire. In the past few years we have struggled in the play offs. Much as I would like it to be, this is not over

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here