Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it still fun?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Their comments after the Palace game were such obvious after timing that it made you wonder what the point of them was. A more apt analysis would have been based on our inability to put away the chances that we made and our inability to stop a fairly simple long ball attack. Palace did defend well, but if they had defended as well as Shearer & Jenas suggested they did, we wouldn't have had the chances that Maupay and March missed. Had those, or the Dunk chance that Maupay blocked gone in, their analysis would have been all about Hodgson's negative tactics and how it is a limited strategy in today's Premier League. Pundits' comments seem entirely based on cherry picking match incidents to prove a narrative that has been decided upon after the result becomes apparent. They are absolutely stealing a living.

That's one reason why I never watch highlights of a loss.

Pundits fitting evidence around their final result driven conclusion.

Especially bores such as Jenas and Shearer.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Their comments after the Palace game were such obvious after timing that it made you wonder what the point of them was. A more apt analysis would have been based on our inability to put away the chances that we made and our inability to stop a fairly simple long ball attack. Palace did defend well, but if they had defended as well as Shearer & Jenas suggested they did, we wouldn't have had the chances that Maupay and March missed. Had those, or the Dunk chance that Maupay blocked gone in, their analysis would have been all about Hodgson's negative tactics and how it is a limited strategy in today's Premier League. Pundits' comments seem entirely based on cherry picking match incidents to prove a narrative that has been decided upon after the result becomes apparent. They are absolutely stealing a living.

YES! This is my sentiment exactly. This is why I still get so irate hearing the same tw$t@ suggesting they can't see much change from last season, when last they chastised us every week for "not having a go" . Back on topic, I think its still fun and wouldn't willingly swap the PL for Championship. I don't fear relegation, but the Club has worked so hard to get to this level, I want us to have an opportunity to do something incredible one year - win a cup, push for Europe. The wins are fewer, but the moments are bigger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here