Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It Getting Harder To Find That 'Special' Striker?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
You missed

in 2011-12 Murray had 37 league apps scoring 6 goals in the championship for Palace

58 goals in 121 appearances, or one goal every 0.48 games

Or to limit it to just championship

36 goals in 79 games one goal every 0.46 games
still a very good goal ratio

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
This.

So obviously a palace troll.

obviously NOT

as ive said before, like others, anybody who doesnt have a negative view on murray is a palace troll arent they ? Your hatred of Palace is a red mist in front of your eyes clouding your judgement

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Sadly, i respect that other people have an opinion and are welcome to view it, unlike some on here that when they hear something they dont like, there only childish response is to heckle people calling them a palace troll
two words, GROW UP !!!!!!!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Murray is unproven since his long term injury. He had one really good season with Palace in the Championship but there is no reason to suppose he would do so for us now. In my view there is no way Murray would have scored the number of goals for us that Ulloa has given the way we have played since he arrived.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would love us to re sign Murray this season. I am pretty sure we are not going to get anyone else who'd be anywhere near as good as him. If we keep Ulloa he needs serious competition, not healthy to have a striker who is 1st name on the team sheet with no competition.There were games last season where Ulloa looked totally disinterested and needed substituting. I don't care how good some of you think he is, he is not that good that he should be left on the pitch just because we don't have a decent striker to replace him.

I'd rather get rid of a player who is prone to be disinterested if he doesn't have any competition. How unprofessional can you get?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You missed

in 2011-12 Murray had 37 league apps scoring 6 goals in the championship for Palace

58 goals in 121 appearances, or one goal every 0.48 games

Or to limit it to just championship

36 goals in 79 games one goal every 0.46 games

Doesn't that mean he scores two goals a game? Based on those stats he scores a goal every 2.08 games which is really good. his Championship goals is a goal every 2.19 games

Ulloa is a goal every 2.23 games.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
No chance we will match his 20K a week he is on for the next 2 years at Palace.

Plus i also think if it was made clear to Murray by pulis he isnt highly rated and not guaranteed to start most games for palace, he would be tempted to re join Brighton for 15k a week

Agree we wouldn't match the 20k but he may be tempted if he thought he would get regular first team football, would not have to move or travel, and only take a smallish cut in wages. Anyone got his number??

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Personally i think that the upcoming season is both a make or break season for both CMS and Ulloa, in order for them to be considered championship quality strikers, personally i dont think either is good enough for them to score 20 plus goals a season each, and the fact is the club spent a decent amount on transfer fees for both these players, and they are both probably on 10k a week or more, maybe even 15k.
I think any club in this division, to be challenging in the top 3 for most of the season has to have at least one of the strikers playing to a high standard capable of getting 20 plus goals in a season, regardless of how much a club pays for them or how much they demand in wages per week

You think that Ulloa needs a good season to be considered a championship striker? Really?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't that mean he scores two goals a game? Based on those stats he scores a goal every 2.08 games which is really good. his Championship goals is a goal every 2.19 games

Ulloa is a goal every 2.23 games.

Yeah, sorry, I got it the wrong way round, it is 0.48/0.46 goals per game. Too late to edit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here