Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is It Getting Harder To Find That 'Special' Striker?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Mate, you are on a wind up surely. A goal in every 2 games is not exactly bad either!

im not on a wind up, im not saying its bad but its not brilliant either is it, and its not actually a goal every other game its 0.44, and just ask yourself this, why on other posts are people saying if Leicester or Southampton or Sunderland were to offer much more than 5 million we should sell then and reinvest

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would love us to re sign Murray this season. I am pretty sure we are not going to get anyone else who'd be anywhere near as good as him. If we keep Ulloa he needs serious competition, not healthy to have a striker who is 1st name on the team sheet with no competition.There were games last season where Ulloa looked totally disinterested and needed substituting. I don't care how good some of you think he is, he is not that good that he should be left on the pitch just because we don't have a decent striker to replace him.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
On the basis like most teams in this division, we play a 4-3-3, or 4-5-1, or 4-4-1-1, that means that our main man upfront is Ulloa as he is first choice, well to actually win games we need to score goals which means we are looking to him as the main goalscorer, and im thinking we need to expect more than a better ratio of a goal every other game if we are to be in with a chance of scoring in most games to achieve 3 points if we aspire to be challenging for a top 6 finish again. sorry but you pay a decent transfer fee and good wages for striker and you expect results

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I would love us to re sign Murray this season. I am pretty sure we are not going to get anyone else who'd be anywhere near as good as him. If we keep Ulloa he needs serious competition, not healthy to have a striker who is 1st name on the team sheet with no competition.There were games last season where Ulloa looked totally disinterested and needed substituting. I don't care how good some of you think he is, he is not that good that he should be left on the pitch just because we don't have a decent striker to replace him.

THIS THIS THIS, Totally THIS.

Every reason why if somebody offers in excess of 5 million we should cash in

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
in 2010-11 Murray had 42 league apps scoring 22 goals in league 1 for Brighton
in 2012-13 Murray had 42 league apps scoring 30 goals in Championship for Palace

a better ratio than a goal every other game and better than Ulloa

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
in 2012-13 Murray had 42 league apps scoring 30 goals in Championship for Palace

Why don't you jump back into your taxi and **** off back to the Palace board where you come from?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
the truth is, in response to the OP, we had that special striker who cost us very little, a sum reported to be £300k, and we lost him because we were not prepared to offer him the contract he had rightly earned, and we lost him.

Ladies and Gents, i rest my case

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
the truth is, in response to the OP, we had that special striker who cost us very little, a sum reported to be £300k, and we lost him because we were not prepared to offer him the contract he had rightly earned, and we lost him.

Ladies and Gents, i rest my case

That is history and down to the then manager we are now talking the future we cannot change history but can the future.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Why don't you jump back into your taxi and **** off back to the Palace board where you come from?

i do apologise but im not a palace fan, and i do feel sorry for you because your inept at facing facts because of your judgement is clouded by your hatred towards both Murray And Palace

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Didn't play much for Pulis at the end of the season, so maybe he does not fancy him. If he still lives in Brighton I suppose there is a small chance he would consider a return?

No chance we will match his 20K a week he is on for the next 2 years at Palace.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
That is history and down to the then manager we are now talking the future we cannot change history but can the future.

I respect what you are saying, but i was merely responding to the OP, and arguing the case for a special striker we had got for a small fee, which happened to be Murray, and also highlighting that in the process the 2 main strikers we have paid good money for, havent exceeded what Murray did for us

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You missed

in 2011-12 Murray had 37 league apps scoring 6 goals in the championship for Palace

58 goals in 121 appearances, or one goal every 0.48 games

Or to limit it to just championship

36 goals in 79 games one goal every 0.46 games

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Madness to cash in for such a derisory amount. 8 million minimum.

8 million is a no-no, i think 5.5 to 6 million is more realistic.

Plus i also think if it was made clear to Murray by pulis he isnt highly rated and not guaranteed to start most games for palace, he would be tempted to re join Brighton for 15k a week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here