Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it because Greer is Scottish?

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Our captain Gordon Greer rarely seems to get the plaudits he deserves. I would argue that he deserves a hell of a lot more credit for his performances this season and last: he is never injured, plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives blood for the albion.

Were all our players 'Bravehearts' like Greer I think it's very likely that we would still be in the play-off positions.

I can't help suspect that he'd be more appreciated were he English and that his name would be sung more regularly by the North Stand. Is it because Greer is a good Scotsman that he is under-appreciated?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
yeh, Gus simply just doesn't like him, it's also the reason that LuaLua hasn't been starting recently!!!! :moo:

I agree and it is amazing that a League 1 defender was called into the Scotland squad last week before GG, although that says more about Levien's knowledge than it does about Gordon's ability.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
He is class. I think the way he is underrated is because he is always playing with a Brighton-born player alongside him, and Albion fans/NSC love nothing more than falling in love with average/good players and pretending they're worth £5 million just because they were born here. So we've had a year of El Abd/Dunk love ins, forgetting the man next to them who is FAR better.

Agree totally - thanks for confirming that I am not going insane.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He is class. I think the way he is underrated is because he is always playing with a Brighton-born player alongside him, and Albion fans/NSC love nothing more than falling in love with average/good players and pretending they're worth £5 million just because they were born here. So we've had a year of El Abd/Dunk love ins, forgetting the man next to them who is FAR better.

GG has allows them to look good. Most of the good CB partnerships consists of a player who sits back and controls things whilst the other player can attack the headers/tackles, safe in the knowledge that their partner is there as a fallback. Morgan/Cullip is a classic example.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I agree and it is amazing that a League 1 defender was called into the Scotland squad last week before GG, although that says more about Levien's knowledge than it does about Gordon's ability.
It has occurred to me that Levein should be having a look at Gogs, especially given that he's called up that well-known Sweaty CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here