Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it acceptable to SPIT at other albion fans?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I think starting a thread headed up "Is it acceptable to SPIT at Albion fans" is what I would I would call bait. He, along with everyone else clearly knows the answer to that question. So what was the point of starting the thread.

This is a Brighton and Hove Albion supporters message board. It is where people share their experiences as fans of the club. If I, and I suspect many of the other people who make up the 6,000+ views on this particular thread, had been in TCB's shoes, I'd certainly have vented out my frustrations on here. Not to mention the fact that if you read the previous thread, (which incidentally, it appears you were the one that locked) WW and TCB come out as the 'bad guys' so to speak. There can definitely be no reason to say that this thread isn't justified.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just because you're losing....... :p

Actually I don't think it's a rhetorical question. I mean, if you were a Palace fan it might be acceptable? Certainly this entire thread opens up the question, is it ok to spit at Palace fans? Obviously, it's not acceptable to piss on them, especially when on fire. Because as many seagull fans will testify - they just wouldn't do it.

And some poeple wouldn't piss on Lord B if he was on fire. I may just email Ken Brown and ask if he would consider spitting instead. Not as effective form of putting out a fire, but more a token gesture. I suspect he may give it a go! :laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is a Brighton and Hove Albion supporters message board. It is where people share their experiences as fans of the club. If I, and I suspect many of the other people who make up the 6,000+ views on this particular thread, had been in TCB's shoes, I'd certainly have vented out my frustrations on here. Not to mention the fact that if you read the previous thread, (which incidentally, it appears you were the one that locked) WW and TCB come out as the 'bad guys' so to speak. There can definitely be no reason to say that this thread isn't justified.

Point of clarification, I did not lock that thread. The "Charlton is going to be crap" thread was rightly made NSC Gold by someone though. You should read it, it is very amusing, might lighten you up a bit!

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Point of clarification, I did not lock that thread. The "Charlton is going to be crap" thread was rightly made NSC Gold by someone though. You should read it, it is very amusing, might lighten you up a bit!

??? What has that got to do with anything? For what it's worth, I read it and acknowledge that WW ends up with egg on his face. Did the thread warrant him being spat on then?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But yes clearly spitting is wrong. Any reason?

This. Surely there are better things to talk about from yesterday than a few mindless idiots?

I'm not condoning the spitting, really I am not but certain regularly make posts on here just to wind people up. Would people that post these things actually say them down the pub? I suspect not. But again I'm not condoning or justified it just making the obvious point that it's a little like shouting at someone across the street then running off. Ask Ashley Barnes how it feels to be picked on perhaps?

I should say I am basing my comments on what I know of them which is based on their posts on here. Neither, certainly WW come across as sensible individuals. So I'm not exactly convinced by this whole victim thing. But to say it one more time, spitting is always wrong.

Good grief :facepalm: Black, White, Yellow, Blue or Brown, spitting is wrong. Not relevant.

Just for the benefit of all, I answered the point of the thread five times!! Always assuming that was the point of the thread. :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
??? What has that got to do with anything? For what it's worth, I read it and acknowledge that WW ends up with egg on his face. Did the thread warrant him being spat on then?

Nothing warrants being spat on, of course not. Although I am still perplexed by the whole thing. If they did this because of that thread then presumably they know who he is and looked out for him. I don't agree with 99% of his posts but don't know him from adam so not sure how this happened really.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Nothing warrants being spat on, of course not. Although I am still perplexed by the whole thing. If they did this because of that thread then presumably they know who he is and looked out for him. I don't agree with 99% of his posts but don't know him from adam so not sure how this happened really.

But why the hostility towards TCB? I've seriously struggled to think of any reason why you have the right to question what it is he is saying when (as far as I can see) nobody else has disputed the situation. Even when witnesses have posted they have more or less confirmed what it was that he saw anyway!

Just because you don't agree with his opinions on football doesn't make him a liar.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
But why the hostility towards TCB? I've seriously struggled to think of any reason why you have the right to question what it is he is saying when (as far as I can see) nobody else has disputed the situation. Even when witnesses have posted they have more or less confirmed what it was that he saw anyway!

Just because you don't agree with his opinions on football doesn't make him a liar.

Giraffe said he heard a different story. Everone has chosen to believe TCB and WW over Marcgorry and Giraffe who both have now turned around and said they're version was wrong.

You were perfectly intitled to take your side, and so was Giraffe which is what he did. If Marc's mate was on here you'd all be abusing him, and Giraffe wouldn't have been part of that because he had his doubts. We heard 2 sides and assumed one was right. It turns out it was but Giraffe was actually the more sensible of everyone on this thread by considering that TCB adn WW might have been exaggerating. Then independant people stepped forward and said what happened and guess what? Giraffe and Marc accepted they were wrong about the story.

So whats the issue?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Giraffe said he heard a different story. Everone has chosen to believe TCB and WW over Marcgorry and Giraffe who both have now turned around and said they're version was wrong.

You were perfectly intitled to take your side, and so was Giraffe which is what he did. If Marc's mate was on here you'd all be abusing him, and Giraffe wouldn't have been part of that because he had his doubts. We heard 2 sides and assumed one was right. It turns out it was but Giraffe was actually the more sensible of everyone on this thread by considering that TCB adn WW might have been exaggerating. Then independant people stepped forward and said what happened and guess what? Giraffe and Marc accepted they were wrong about the story.

So whats the issue?

The issue is mate that FFA thinks he has to be right about everything.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

So whats the issue?

Quality post, should be the end of the thread now, but will it...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As this has moved onto the second evening I would like to open up the hospitality to everyone. Who wants one ?.
canape.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And for your refreshment.

Red%20wine%20can%20stop%20you%20from%20going%20deaf,%20researchers%20say.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I hope you didnt spit on any of them:sick:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can we have a wine tasting evening? Spittoon anyone?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I missed all this. I rarely agree with TCB but I do on this. Im not eassy top anger but I think i would hve been far elss patient than him. Glad that independent evidence has vindicated him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have especially prepared this main course for my friends on NSC to consume whilst they discuss the verdict on TCB and a poll will follow shortly. Enjoy.

steak.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here