Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it about time the archaic law of consuming alcohol in view of the pitch

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If beer and larger were allowed pitch side I would expect lots beer spillages on seats and down the back of fans necks. It would become very messy.

Other than that it's a great idea :drink:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If beer and larger were allowed pitch side I would expect lots beer spillages on seats and down the back of fans necks. It would become very messy.

I'd rather have beer spilt on me than hot coffee, and that hasn't happened yet!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I'd rather have beer spilt on me than no goals.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Coffee & Chocolate comes with a lid.

Unfortunately anyone getting a round of beers for 3 or 4 people find it hard enough walking from the counter with their flexable plastic glasses, without spilling the drinks, let alone squeezing past 20 odd fans getting back to their seats.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
as mentioned somewhere else,last home game 26007 in attendance,4 police officers and no arrests.Would allowing us the option of purchasing a beer at any given time suddenly turn us all into rabid animals?of course not.I can go and watch Bognor Regis and have a pint while i watch the football but lo and behold if i upgrade to watching the game in a modern built state of the art soccerball stadium it seems i am too idiotic to be trusted to have a beer and not turn into a moronic moron.

outdated rubbish law.

the policy makers need dragging into the 21st century by their nik naks.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some comments on this thread are hillarious. Spilling down peoples necks and walking down the row and spilling etc. It's OK at the Rugby, and I know its getting tedious now but it's OK in Germany aswell. Hell a bloke even comes round with a keg on his back and tops you up. I wish we did our football like the Germans do.

If you have not been already then get over there and watch a Bundesliga game. You will soon get the idea. It's all about the fans, fans and the fans. Bloody brilliant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it is because people were not exactly well behaved last time it was allowed.

Once laws are passed, they don't seem to get repealed without extensive campaigning. It only needs one game for fans to get out of hand eg, Millwall v West Ham and it would take years to get anywhere.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some comments on this thread are hillarious. Spilling down peoples necks and walking down the row and spilling etc. It's OK at the Rugby, and I know its getting tedious now but it's OK in Germany aswell. Hell a bloke even comes round with a keg on his back and tops you up. I wish we did our football like the Germans do.

If you have not been already then get over there and watch a Bundesliga game. You will soon get the idea. It's all about the fans, fans and the fans. Bloody brilliant.

I like the sound of this, bloke with a keg on his back and tops you up.
We would have to have about 1000 blokes!:cheers:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I like the sound of this, bloke with a keg on his back and tops you up.
We would have to have about 1000 blokes!:cheers:

If you cant wait for the fella to top you up, you go out back to the enormous beer counter where pints have just been pulled and are waiting for you. Bleep your fan card , literally takes 0.5 of a second, not like the one at the AMEX. then pick up your tray. Takes about a minute. Then back to your SAFE STANDING TERRACING where you can hook your pint using the well designed Handle / hook. HAPPY DAYS.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013

Absolutely this. Cannot believe the thread has partly been reduced to the subject of spilling beer.

German football is certainly something to look up to (although I've yet to make it there). Fan oriented, safe standing, beer a plenty.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you cant wait for the fella to top you up, you go out back to the enormous beer counter where pints have just been pulled and are waiting for you. Bleep your fan card , literally takes 0.5 of a second, not like the one at the AMEX. then pick up your tray. Takes about a minute. Then back to your SAFE STANDING TERRACING where you can hook your pint using the well designed Handle / hook. HAPPY DAYS.

Which team did you see? is this the norm in Germany?
I have been to matches in France and they did not sell beers in the stadium, but loads of fans smoke.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which team did you see? is this the norm in Germany?
I have been to matches in France and they did not sell beers in the stadium, but loads of fans smoke.

Personally I have been to Hannover and Munich, and have a family member who has done probably 15 grounds. Yes it is 100% the norm.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
This is all good and well looking at the continent, and they can do it, but people over here have a problems as they turn into a **** who gets aggressive and insulting after having a few drinks.

are you serious ? you think only English people act like this !:hilton:

racist

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is all good and well looking at the continent, and they can do it, but people over here have a problems as they turn into a **** who gets aggressive and insulting after having a few drinks.

I've watched the Albion in France, Portugal and Spain where they only sold alcohol free drinks.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I have always thought it is strange that alcohol can't be drunk on the terraces. I personally probably wouldn't have one during the game but it would be nice to be able to take my pre match beer out on the terrace instead of crowding around a tv showing sky sports news in the concourse.
But after the guy pissing in the sink at the Burnley game I can't see this coming into place anytime soon

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I have always thought it is strange that alcohol can't be drunk on the terraces. I personally probably wouldn't have one during the game but it would be nice to be able to take my pre match beer out on the terrace instead of crowding around a tv showing sky sports news in the concourse.
But after the guy pissing in the sink at the Burnley game I can't see this coming into place anytime soon

Also I think it would be extremely annoying everyone nipping out to get a beer every 5 minutes. Late arrivals and early leavers get enough stick as it is already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here