Is Hughton the man to take us forward ?

• Yes keep him

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No BIN him

Votes: 55 25.5%

• Total voters

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is an absolutely pointless thread to discuss.

The Board brought him in to keep us up and then make a punt for the play off's next season so they have no intention of sacking him over the summer, so like it or lump it we should get behind the manager for next year.

Also, he would not have come here unless he had been promised some sort of funds to build his own squad. We were in and around the bottom 3 when he arrived. We are 9 points clear of it now. This squad of players is a potentially relegatable squad and until that is dismantled and replaced we shouldn't expect much more than that.

The performances have been hit an miss but lets wait and see what he does with a new squad and a close season under his belt. The best teams around tend to be the ones which give their manager a decent amount of time to build hs own team and that's what we need to do as well

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Ok, he steadied the ship after the mess left by Hyppia but we've put in some right dismal performances since he has been here and today joins that list, the transfer policy is still a SHAMBLE with the likes of Best and Ledesma a TOTAL waste of space.

I have my doubts that he is the man to get us to the TOP 6 and better to cut our losses and get a NEW manager in, maybe a URUGUAYAN ?

Needs time to mould his own team ( if allowed ) before we can judge him, judging him with this present lot is a bit unfair

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CH in my opinion so far has worked nothing short of a miracle with the help of Jones and now Calderwood to get us
where we are now.
Especially with a squad of shite !! bar 4/5

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It's too easy to blame the manager. I think he has made the difference that will keep us up though. I think we will stay up - we will have hardly covered ourselves in glory

CH can then bring in his choice ( I hope he gets adequate funds to compete ) . I don't think next year will be attractive either but I suspect we will be competitive

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Every manager employed by this club deserves a fair crack of the whip. Hughton hasn't had that yet. He must bring in strikers and get them to score.

I'm worried about his negativity but without the players who are we to judge?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
When are you lot going to realise that the manager has virtually feck all say in transfers.
The manager has a say in the tactics and systems. That in itself needs consistency so do not change the manager until summer 2016.
A blind man can see our problem, we have league 1 strikers, until we address this we will end up nearer to league 1 than the Premier League no matter who the manager is, that's not rocket science. The rest of our squad is OK, albeit with too many loans.

Hughton is a fantastic manager - if he is given the same backing that Poyet had in the transfer market a play-off place is guaranteed. But that's down to the board who have to show they are not blinking at the prospect of funding a promotion-chasing team - I genuinely am baffled that we would invest so much in infrastructure yet balk at the final piece of the jigsaw that could get us the Prem revenue streams to sort out our finances once and and for all.

We currently have the worst set of strikers since Jonny Dixon and Chris Holroyd tripped over the Withdean potholes - ridiculous to judge Hughton at the moment.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton came in when we were relegation bound. In a little over three months he has stabilised things, and, all bar a string of freak results, staved off relegation. He's done a good job; he's doing a good job. Can't believe there's already some idiots calling for his head - who the hell do they think they? - some middle- or far-eastern multi billionaire laundering money for instant success? Get real - we need to keep a manager for long enough for him to improve us, not sack everyone after three or four months just because we're not suddenly in the European Champions League. Jeez!

theboybilly

I voted no because I'm starting to see what the Norwich fans I've met have told me I'd eventually see. We are quite difficult to score against but the attacking side of our game is not up to scratch. Hughton should have demanded at least one decent striker in the last window, probably two. I'm beginning to wonder what has happened to the side that won those three London away games either side of the New Year

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The club are in danger of becoming a revolving door for managers. Not sure we should be stoking the flames.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What makes people think he'll be given a pocket full of cash to buy players?

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Hughton came in when we were relegation bound. In a little over three months he has stabilised things, and, all bar a string of freak results, staved off relegation. He's done a good job; he's doing a good job. Can't believe there's already some idiots calling for his head - who the hell do they think they? - some middle- or far-eastern multi billionaire laundering money for instant success? Get real - we need to keep a manager for long enough for him to improve us, not sack everyone after three or four months just because we're not suddenly in the European Champions League. Jeez!

this, how anyone can think any manager could do better with the situation ch has had is beyond me.
hes done a good job so far imo.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hughton is a fantastic manager - if he is given the same backing that Poyet had in the transfer market a play-off place is guaranteed. But that's down to the board who have to show they are not blinking at the prospect of funding a promotion-chasing team - I genuinely am baffled that we would invest so much in infrastructure yet balk at the final piece of the jigsaw that could get us the Prem revenue streams to sort out our finances once and and for all.

We currently have the worst set of strikers since Jonny Dixon and Chris Holroyd tripped over the Withdean potholes - ridiculous to judge Hughton at the moment.

.. A playoff place is guaranteed? With the strength of this current championship? Blimey. I'll have some of what you have been drinking

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Definitely fence for me. He doesn't inspire me but I doubt he'll do too badly either. Not sure he'll have what it takes to turn us into challengers. I hope between him and whoever else is now involved in recruitment that we can now find a couple of decent Championship strikers...PLEASE. This season has seen our worst strike force in over a decade, useless and clueless.

I'd agree with that as well as thinking we need a major clear out. I'd likely only retain 6 or 7 of our current lot.

Then we'll see how he does in the market and how he puts it all together.

Once all that's done we can then reasonably judge him

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have voted "no" as I have seen no improvement (and in fact a deterioration) in application and effort since he pitched up.

Some truly baffling team selections, and unbelievable substitutions. We moaned at Gus and Oscar having no "plan B", but CH only appears to have one style of play....hoofball. Not attractive or exciting...or WORKING.

He just doesn't seem to know how to motivate the players. Too much finger-pointing and bickering (usually by Greer blaming somebody else for HIS mistake)

But what decided me was him "bigging up" that lazy **** Best. Really? Got his mate a nice bung for standing about and making no contribution whatsoever hasn't he.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Until he has had a pre-season and the chance to get his own players in then he cannot be judged

He has done ok with the players we have currently, certainly all bar a terrible finish to the season kept us up, and that is all i hoped for when he took over.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have voted "no" as I have seen no improvement (and in fact a deterioration) in application and effort since he pitched up.

Some truly baffling team selections, and unbelievable substitutions. We moaned at Gus and Oscar having no "plan B", but CH only appears to have one style of play....hoofball. Not attractive or exciting...or WORKING.

He just doesn't seem to know how to motivate the players. Too much finger-pointing and bickering (usually by Greer blaming somebody else for HIS mistake)

But what decided me was him "bigging up" that lazy **** Best. Really? Got his mate a nice bung for standing about and making no contribution whatsoever hasn't he.

To be fair, Greer has been blaming everyone else for years - that's nothing new under CH.

We need stability, Hughton has given us that. Ok, we've not gone on a run a la Reading when they were down near the bottom a few years back, but we're fairly sure to avoid relegation. I'm sure CH has an idea of who he wants to keep, lose and bring in and as long as we have a sensible summer we can go about our business.

I'm in for now - the summer's transfer/contract dealings will help define his tenure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here