Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus the man to lead us into next season?

Is Gus the right man to lead us into the next season?

• Total voters

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Gus Poyet is one of the best things ever to happen to B&HA, along with Tony Bloom.
Together there's an excellent chance B&HA will be a PL team in fifteen months, without them B&HA would still be struggling in League One.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I think he should continue as our manager next season but will he want too,he now knows that we are far from a Premiership side and it is likely that there is not the cash to bring in the players we need,at present he is a noted manager can he take the risk that by this time next season he will still be in limelight.

Yes he is. He is not, however, the Messiah just a good - even a very good manager. To those who would sack him I'd ask just two questions - who would you replace him with and how long would you give the successor?
Of course he has made mistakes and like everybody else he should be given the opportunity to learn from these.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gus from club site

"I hope that everyone learns from that, because I learned a lot. I tried my best and I would probably have made different decisions if I had the chance again, but I'll learn from that.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
yes of course, one bloody result doenst change a thing, im happy we have got this far tbh, but if we wanna be real contenders then we have to ship out the dead wood

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
NO

He is not the man who *can* lead us there

He is the man who WILL lead us there!!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bet you're the type who reads the sun and go with their polls leading up to an election thinking I don't want to be in the minority so will vote for the majority party that is winning.

No prat, as it happens I am not. Bet your the sort of mug who jumps on pathetic bandwagons and pretends to have any sort of clue what he is talking about. I have been watching this lot for 40 years, what about you arse? Left school yet?

When you have seen some of the dross that I have over the years, maybe you can comment on what you are seeing now. Until then stick to complaining about the pies....you really are the sort of prick who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club or out in public at all...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
And is he the man to lead us to the Premiership? A simple yes or no will do. Sitting on the fence is not an option.

Yes he is.

I know that people moan about the lack of pies / harveys / queuing to the bog or whatever, but on the footballing side of things, keep on the Gus Bus :kiss:

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Gustavo Augusto Poyet Domínguez has done amazingly well.

1st Season saved us from relegation
2nd Season Promotion
3rd Season. Very good chance of promotion to premier.

I mean, the man has done very well in a short period of time. If you'd have asked me at the begining of the season would I be happy with safety in the championship, then push the year after, I'd have taken that for sure.

One thing about Brighton, they always seem to get good managers (most of the time) IMHO. Gus is no exception

Merlot

Banned
Apr 8, 2012
Gus Poyet is one of the best things ever to happen to B&HA, along with Tony Bloom.
Together there's an excellent chance B&HA will be a PL team in fifteen months, without them B&HA would still be struggling in League One.

No. You've got that completely wrong. We are lucky to have Tony bloom not Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here