Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Gus our Wenger or Ferguson?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your prejudice against Gus is astounding. You come across as a bitter, negative person.

Gus, as far as I can see, has not been touting himself for jobs, and has taken us from the bottom third of league 1 to serious challengers for a play-off spot in the championship, yet in your eyes, EVERYTHING he does is wrong.

Even the win against palace was met by comments through gritted teeth by you.

We got 8 games to go in a massive year and he WANTS to talk to another club. He probably realised they are domed and thought better of it....Are you pleased he wanted to speak to them then???.....Reading ffs.....but let's just forget it hey, because he is staying, so he is still wonderful....Jesus christ, do you not thing he owes a bit more to Tony Bloom than talk to another club, with 8 games to go???

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We got 8 games to go in a massive year and he WANTS to talk to another club. He probably realised they are domed and thought better of it....Are you pleased he wanted to speak to them then???.....Reading ffs.....but let's just forget it hey, because he is staying, so he is still wonderful....Jesus christ, do you not thing he owes a bit more to Tony Bloom than talk to another club, with 8 games to go???

You do realise almost everyone thinks you're a nob. Just wind it in Kev and say something nice for once. I think you could even feel good about yourself then, instead of this playing as this dour and monotonous caricature you're determined to crave attention as.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Jesus christ, do you not thing he owes a bit more to Tony Bloom than talk to another club, with 8 games to go???

He took his assistant Barber with him though. For all we know, the pair of them could have been up to mind games, trying to double bluff and suss out what Reading are up to. In which case Poyet would have had to at least pretend to think about it for a day or two.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do realise almost everyone thinks you're a nob. Just wind it in Kev and say something nice for once. I think you could even feel good about yourself then, instead of this playing as this dour and monotonous caricature you're determined to crave attention as.

This.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
If he wants to be then there is every chance

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
This

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Only the Poyet kiss arses think that, which granted is quite a few...I stand by what I say, he will never take us up from this division....For the record, I hope i'm very wrong. We are where we are in the league dispite Poyet, not because of him. I think the team selection and result Sunday proves that. Let's hope he sticks with the match winners and I will be a very happy man..Promise.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

ALMOST everyone? Think you're being a bit generous there, MB.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think this little episode has proved, the only way Poyet will be manager here next season, is if we go up and only then if Chelsea don't come in for him. If a London prem side come calling he will be gone like a shot in the summer...West Ham is still my bet.

It's proved absolutely eff all. He got a job offer, he thought about it, he stayed. Sure he's a wanted man, because he's a good manager.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Only the Poyet kiss arses think that, which granted is quite a few...I stand by what I say, he will never take us up from this division....For the record, I hope i'm very wrong. We are where we are in the league dispite Poyet, not because of him. I think the team selection and result Sunday proves that. Let's hope he sticks with the match winners and I will be a very happy man..Promise.

Provocative and hopeless.
If i come across a tombstone engraved with them two words in a decade or three, then i won't dancing on the squelchy turf that hosts it, but i will damn well doff my cap to you that day, and silently pray, for Satan's sake, that you're not moaning day and night about the quality of the torture inflicted on you in Hades.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] getting annihilated by the crowd.

I hate the way you dislike Gus and pretend it's for footballing reasons when it clearly isn't.

On the other hand I think people are being harsh, much of what you are saying in this thread is true I think. - Except your last post, that was complete bollocks, the whole thing.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

I think Kev is just very stubborn, he got it into his head that, at the beginning of Poyet's reign, tippy tappy football is not the way forward and has hated him ever since.
It is clean slate time fellow, jump aboard th Gus Bus and enjoy the ride like the rest of us!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
[MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] getting annihilated by the crowd.

I hate the way you dislike Gus and pretend it's for footballing reasons when it clearly isn't.

On the other hand I think people are being harsh, much of what you are saying in this thread is true I think. - Except your last post, that was complete bollocks, the whole thing.

Thanks,,,,,I think lol.....That main reason I haven't got much time for Poyet, is all the smoke and mirrors that go with him. All this project and five year plan crap...The only project Gus is interested in is project Gus, which is ok, because he is a human being and nothing wrong with looking after number one. But spare us all, the i'm a fan crap and I will only leave for a big big club etc etc...He has just spoken to Reading ffs,,,,,and yes I am glad he has not gone at this stage, as I have said many times.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He wants more money to spend in the summer if we don't go up, so that we will next season and he can further his career by keeping us up in the Prem (even 17th) and then getting a proper big job. Not a Reading in the Championship!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks,,,,,I think lol.....That main reason I haven't got much time for Poyet, is all the smoke and mirrors that go with him. All this project and five year plan crap...The only project Gus is interested in is project Gus, which is ok, because he is a human being and nothing wrong with looking after number one. But spare us all, the i'm a fan crap and I will only leave for a big big club etc etc...He has just spoken to Reading ffs,,,,,and yes I am glad he has not gone at this stage, as I have said many times.

But I look at it and to be honest he has been here for longer than I thought he would be. I could have spent those three seasons waiting for him to go, or I could have spent them enjoying them, I chose the latter. He might complete the 5 year plan, and you would have missed all the enjoyment of watching that happen because you spent the whole 5 years expecting him to leave and resenting him for it.

I like the 5 year plan, and he may well see it through to the end. There is nothing wrong with having a long term plan, even if you don't know what the future holds and things can change, it does not mean you should stop planning based on today. I get more annoyed at how "honest" he is about how great other clubs are and how he would love to manage them. Sometimes it amounts to what I consider to be disrespect. As you said, I would have thought telling Reading he is not interested at this time as he has a promotion to win would have been the right answer, to be honest anything else is disappointing for me.

Also, if he did give the offer serious thought then that leads me to agree with your other point, that there are more clubs with the ability to turn his head than most of us would have liked to believe.

But we have to also bare in mind that we don't know all of the circumstances of what went down, if we ever will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have a feeling that he is going to be around for many years to come at Brighton and Hove Albion.
You still here?
He was prepared, but he pulled out at the last minute due to contract niggles.
Oh please. You started talking shit the other day, and everyone knew you were. And now you're just talking more shit. You don't get contract niggles after you've already signed, which is what you said had happened.

Can't you be banned now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here